We are passionate about being a gaming sector developer that offers its customers the world’s best gaming experience. Do you want to join us in building a gaming company that stands boldly at the forefront of the industry?
Veikkaus employs a wide range of gaming and digital sector professionals: service architects, software developers, digital marketing experts, data scientists, quality assurance experts.… Veikkaus has its own game studio that designs and develops new games and gaming innovations. You can find these, for example, on Finland’s largest B2C e-commerce site veikkaus.fi.
Join us and grow as a professional. We offer exciting career opportunities and employee benefits. We are genuinely invested in being a responsible employer able to offer competitive employee benefits and a healthy work-life balance. We are also motivated each day by the fact that our gaming profits are directed towards good causes, one billion euros annually of opportunities for a better life.
Senior Developer (Game Engine Team)
Would you like to join a tightly-knit team of professionals in a truly team-centric environment? Want to make awesome tools and games with awesome people and be part of the very interesting future of Veikkaus Game Studio? Then keep on reading!
Veikkaus has a compact yet versatile Game Studio full of dedicated professionals who are passionate about games and also conscious of the social aspects of our work. There’s 45 of us and we are firm believers of team-centric development. All of our teams work in a self-driven manner with agile development methodologies. As a studio we are looking at a very interesting and bright future ahead of us! A lot of new and interesting projects are in progress..
Since we don’t believe in crunch and are in no risk of running out of work, we need more friends to work with. Thus, we would very much like to add a Senior Developer (or, you know, a talented individual that has a great skill set) to our ranks. We are not looking for a very detailed skillset, but a person with fitting skillset and personality! It is very important for us that you fit well to our positive, quality-focused working culture.
We are looking for an experienced person with a great attitude to fit in the ranks of our ever-growing Game Studio. You will be part of a small team where you – along with other developers – will create new core technology for our Game Studio.
The position is full-time with tight on-site teamwork and requires the candidate to relocate to Finland. Due to nature of Veikkaus as a company we will perform a security clearance check to the person selected to the position.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller game studio
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits in the afternoon.
- Possibility to do continuous competence development, participate to game jams, develop prototypes and demos on your work time etc!
- Strong game developer background
- Wide experience with game engine technologies
- Initiative personality and willingness to take responsibility
Experiences considered a plus
- C++ or TypeScript
- Web development environments
- Working with multiple platforms and devices
- Graphical programming (e.g., WebGL, OpenGL, DirectX)
- Shader language (e.g., GLSL, HLSL)
We can’t wait to meet you!
Please send your application with CV and salary request included. We are waiting to hear from you soonest possible. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For more information feel free to contact Game Development Manager Jussi Ronkainen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Head of Studio Henri Lindgren (email@example.com) for any questions you may have!
The selected person will be subjected to a personal security clearance (perusmuotoinen turvallisuusselvitys).