Senior Developer (Game Development Tech & Support) VEIKKAUS / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: April 13, 2021
Veikkaus creates joy through games. We provide great experiences and top-notch games, but not at any cost. We foster the joy of gaming and make sure that Finns play with moderation, enjoying our games. We want to be the pioneer of responsible gaming experience. Almost all adult Finns have tried our games and we have two million Loyal Customers. We are involved in Finnish life in many ways. We are ca. 1,600 Veikkaus employees, working at nearly a hundred locations all over Finland. Our games are sold at thousands of points of sales and they are also available for safe online gaming at veikkaus.fi and in the Veikkaus application.
We are looking for
Senior Developer (Game Development Tech & Support)
for full-time employment
Veikkaus Game Development Tech & Support team provides comprehensive game development support, both for Veikkaus Game Studio and external partner studios. We have built a world class GDK toolkit from scratch to enhance and streamline Veikkaus game development. Leveraging commonly used web technologies, our tools allow company’s own studio and partner companies to efficiently develop various multi-platform games to Veikkaus’ portfolio. We have 16 skilled professionals in our team. Our area of responsibility is extensive and exciting, ranging from software tool development to game backends and release pipelines. Veikkaus games are being played several millions of rounds every day – everything must work smoothly and reliably 24/7. We develop with agile methods and work hard to continuously improve ourselves.
Now we are looking for Senior Developer to join our team. You will be supporting the development of top-notch games with first-class tools – in close co-operation with Veikkaus Game Studio as well as external game studios. The real-money gaming landscape is changing rapidly, this is an exceptional opportunity to bring your full potential to the table and develop your position according to your interest and talent.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller studio.
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers in self-driven teams. You have the possibility to develop software and maintain tools, services and even servers in a true DevOps fashion.
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset. We do monthly “competence development days” that are only dedicated to, well, competence development.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
We expect from you:
- Previous software development experience from the game industry
- Involvement in at least one shipped product
- Knowledge of graphics programming
- Self-driven supporting attitude and good team player skills
- Passion for creating and publishing world-class software
Considered as a plus:
- Strong background of web development (Node.js, WebGL)
- Familiarity with cloud services (GCP, AWS)
- Backend development experience
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux environment
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland. Traditionally we have preferred on-site working, but during COVID-19 situation we have introduced various agile remote working methods.
Veikkaus as a company will perform a drug test, credit information check, and security clearance check (According to the Act on Security Clearance (726/2014)) to the person selected for the position.
Please send your application with CV and salary request included. We are waiting to hear from you soonest possible. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.