SENIOR MUSIC EDUCATION DESIGNER FOR VOICE
PUBLISHED: February 13, 2018
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
In this role you will be focusing on designing and building the educational content of Yousician’s newest instrument, voice, to support the product’s goal to help people learn to sing in a fun, engaging, and intuitive way.
As a Senior Music Education Designer for Voice, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create syllabuses, educational goals, exercises, and games for our voice learning path.
- Compose and record music for the educational content.
- Work with UX designers, product managers, and developers to design educational features.
- Work with data analysts to optimise the educational content and approach.
WHO YOU ARE
- Solid training and 10+ years of experience in singing professionally.
- 5+ years of experience in teaching voice, in private or group settings.
- Good understanding and experience with playing in multiple genres and styles, including Pop, Rock, Country, Blues, Classical, Jazz, R&B, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of vocal composition, notation and music theory.
- Experience creating syllabuses, lessons, and learning methods for students of all ages and abilities.
- Familiarity with multiple vocal pedagogies.
- Deep interest in digital/online education, and the desire to create innovative new methods of teaching music.
WHAT WE VALUE IN ADDITION
- Experience playing other musical instruments.
- Familiarity with notation, composition, and recording software.
- Experience working in a team environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!