Senior Data Scientist
PUBLISHED: June 4, 2019
Welcome to Rovio! We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Business Intelligence team in Espoo, Finland. You will work on developing models to expand one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world, and enable our thriving teams to create engaging experiences for millions of players.
Data at massive scale sits at the heart of everything we do at Rovio, it enables us to improve our games that have millions of daily users. We believe such huge data has value only if it is converted to clear recommendations. Our Business Intelligence team empowers the game teams through insights derived from the data and develops relevant tools and models to support decision making.
You will work closely with our User Acquisition team, which manages performance marketing activities in close collaboration with game development teams. As a Senior Data Scientist you will play a pivotal role in optimizing user acquisition efforts and scaling the games business to the next level.
The modelling done in the User Acquisition team affect so much of what we do at Rovio. We predict how players will retain and spend through time, which is fundamental to the gaming industry. Your work will drive the performance marketing activities in the magnitude of millions of euros monthly.
You will apply state-of-the-art machine learning approaches for creating automated decision-making systems. Together with our data engineering team, you will prototype and develop scalable solutions that are used to make recommendations for large scale user acquisition campaigns. In addition to performance marketing optimization, you will have the chance to work on any and all of the most interesting and high impact analytics challenges faced by Rovio.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Develop models and algorithms to increase efficiency in decision making and drive higher ROI
- Design automated solutions to improve ways of performance marketing using your statistics, machine learning and programming skills
- Test your ideas and work with data engineers to take your solutions to production
- Work with and guide other team members in data science projects that are of more technical nature
- Guide stakeholders in defining relevant KPIs, utilizing existing data, discovering opportunities and driving data-driven decision making
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Expert knowledge in machine learning concepts and statistics (e.g. random forests/boosting/Bayesian models)
- Proven record of applying models from concept to production
- Programming skills in R and/or Python, ability to automate analytics processes using programming languages or modern data science tools
- Solid knowledge of databases and Big Data technologies (e.g. SQL, Spark, Presto)
- Self-starter type of personality, ability and willingness to guide a team of experts with different backgrounds.
- Proactive, trusted advisor and driven by curiosity
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Interest in mobile games: Your gaming experience will help you to understand the data and business problems.
- As a plus, prior experience in performance marketing and marketing automatization
What you get when you join us:
- Strong company with ambitious plans for future: Rovio has long background in the mobile gaming industry and we have no plans to stop our growth.
- Awesome data-minded coworkers: We are a family-like community that is hands-on, collaborative and ambitious. We help each other grow professionally.
- Personal growth: We offer subscription to various learning platforms, as well as budget to buy books and conference tickets.
- Fun and international environment: You will hear lots of languages, jokes and laughter in our workplace.
- Hackathons: We love to try new technologies and methods to build the next generation infrastructure.
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, sauna and more.
Don’t keep us waiting – send your application already today! Remember to include a cover letter and CV.