Senior Data Scientist
PUBLISHED: January 28, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
The main responsibilities of a Senior Data Scientist are in the following three areas:
- Developing models and algorithms that increase the efficiency in decision making and drive higher ROI
- Designing automated solutions to improve ways of performance marketing and advertising using your statistics, machine learning, and programming skills
- Defining and spreading best analytics practices, methods and processes inside Rovio
- Testing your ideas and work with data engineers to take your solutions to production
- Working with and guide other team members in data science projects that are of more technical nature
- Creating systematic ways for validating the quality of the models
- Providing leadership and support to a team of data scientists
- Coaching team members’ to improve their performance and help them advance in their career development
- Guiding stakeholders in understanding data science concepts (e.g., ML, AI, model selection), utilizing existing data, discovering opportunities and driving data-driven decision making
We are looking for who has:
- Expert knowledge in data science, machine learning, and statistics(e.g. bayesian modeling, gaussian processes, random forests, boosting trees, neural networks, AB testing)
- Experience in applying data science for the tasks of regression, classification, and forecasting
- Know-how to do feature engineering on time series
- Proven record of applying models from concept to production
- Programming skills in Python and/or R
- Ability to automate analytics processes using programming languages or modern data science tools
- Solid knowledge of databases and Big Data technologies (e.g. SQL, Spark, Presto)
- Interest in mobile games: Your gaming experience will help you to understand the data and business problems.
- Self-starter type of personality, ability and willingness to guide a team of experts with different backgrounds.
- Proactive, trusted advisor and driven by curiosity
- Ability to lead the work of others in the craft and provide constructive feedback
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
Additionally, we’d love you to have:
- Prior work experience in performance marketing, advertising, or gaming industries
- Experience in working with a team of data scientists and leading/coaching peers
What you get when you join us our Business Intelligence team:
- Awesome data-minded coworkers: We are a family-like community that is hands-on, collaborative and ambitious. We help each other grow professionally.
- Hackathons: We love to try new technologies and methods to build the next generation infrastructure.