Senior Data Engineer FUTUREPLAY GAMES / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: November 8, 2021
Futureplay is a six-year-old Finnish mobile game studio located in Helsinki. We’re a small, experienced, and committed group of 38 people working hard to create great mobile games that last. Our latest release Merge Gardens is on track to become a global hit, whilst our portfolio also includes Farm Masters, currently in soft launch, as well as genre stalwarts like Battlelands Royale and Idle Farming Empire.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join Futureplay’s Central team in Helsinki, Finland. This is a key senior role in the team, in which you’ll have a direct impact on our data management processes, with the clear focus of empowering both our marketing and game teams to make data-driven decisions and ensure Futureplay’s long-term success.
Data tech in gaming is at the forefront of innovation – we handle millions of events per day – and you’re here to make us rise to the top. By bringing your expertise to the table, you will help us identify software, infrastructure, and architecture to ensure that our data platform is always on the bleeding edge. You’ll get the chance to own and improve our data infrastructure, manage large datasets, streamline our processes, and help us continually adopt the latest tech.
In the long run, your input and ideas will not only contribute to our company-wide skill set and business goals but as a professional and a great colleague you will also impact our company culture. Before all of this, we will, however, help you to get to know the team and our ways of working to ensure a smooth transition into our work community and your new role.
Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Own and improve the infrastructure for data collection, processing and storage
- Proactively find ways to improve the robustness of our data management processes as well as the availability of our data in our data systems (BI tools)
- Develop, maintain and monitor our patch ETL, data quality processes and requirements as well as our KPI reports
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve data quality and performance issues
- Integrate to new 3rd party data providers and work closely with our marketing managers and data analysts/scientists to make these data available and useful
- Work closely with our game teams to define and maintain the schema of the collected data
- Partner up with Data Scientists to develop ML prototypes
To succeed in this role you most probably have:
- A degree in quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research
- 3+ years of relevant experience in designing, developing and maintaining data infrastructure and large scale ETL processes
- Proficiency in data querying and modelling with SQL
- Proficiency with Python or other relevant scripting language
- Experience with some cloud platform eg. GCP or AWS
- Experience with some BI tool such as Looker, Qlick, Tableau or similar
- Knowledge of build, deployment and orchestration tools
- Familiarity with Machine Learning / Statistics is a plus
In return, you’ll get:
- True ownership and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate within it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Relocation support, if needed
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish gaming veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 35 people.
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent but can achieve much more under their wings.
We’re a streamlined, lean, no bullshit organisation with a truly flat structure. Everything else follows.
How to apply:
If you’re the talent we are looking for, put your CV in English together and apply. Please note that we only accept applications sent via our Careers site.
Please be informed that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find the match.