Senior Data Engineer
PUBLISHED: September 10, 2019
We are now looking for a skilled Senior Data Engineer to join our awesome Data Engineering team in Games Technology unit in Espoo, Finland.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible of collecting and processing the data from all Rovio games and services and 3rd party systems. Data is in the center of Rovio games and as Senior Data Engineer you will be in the center of Rovio data. This means roughly several thousands of events per second, tens of billions of rows per day, terabytes of data and a breathtaking amount of happy players on daily basis. You will be working with a team of senior big data specialists to ensure that we provide top quality and up-to-date data for our internal and external game teams.
We expect you to be developer-minded person with great co-operational skills. You enjoy working with a team on challenging problems and do not mind sharing your learning, good or bad.
What you’ll take under your wings
- Manage and develop our data collection pipeline, data storages and tools
- Develop and maintain our AI/machine learning solutions in automation and personalisation by participating development projects and daily operational work
- Support others as domain expert for analytics, machine learning, big data processing and Rovio data
- Research emerging big data and machine learning technologies
Ideally you have these feathers in your cap
- Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or equivalent
- experience working in a senior specialist role in the field of data systems development
- Big Data, including in depth knowledge of relational databases and data warehousing
- Machine learning: experience on delivering production grade end to end solutions considered as a huge advantage
- A good knowledge of Java, Python and SQL
- You are on good terms with agile methods involving Jira, GitHub, pull requests, planning and dailies
- Amazon Web Services, Spark, Athena, Presto, Hive, Redshift and Flink
- Competence in Linux
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Passion for games!!!
You can be either a seasoned professional already gained experience on the field or in the early stages of your career aiming to grow into the role.
What you get when you join us:
- Strong company with ambitious plans for future: Rovio has long background in the mobile gaming industry and we have no plans to stop our growth.
- Awesome coworkers: We are a family-like community that is hands-on, collaborative and ambitious. We help each other grow professionally.
- Personal growth: We offer subscription to various learning platforms, as well as budget to buy books and conference tickets.
- Fun and international environment: You will hear lots of languages, jokes and laughter in our workplace.
- Hackathons: We love to try new technologies and methods to build the next generation infrastructure.
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, sauna and more.
Don’t keep us waiting but send your application already today! Remember to include a CV and cover letter.