Senior Data Analyst, Senior Team Manager ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: October 30, 2020
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Analyst, Senior Team Manager to join our Puzzle Studio in Helsinki , Finland.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
This senior role in the studio will have a key position in growing our games, on top of the team leadership duties. While you will have a chance to work on one of our games, you will also oversee the needs of the studio in terms of game analytics. You will ensure that the teams receive valuable insights for creating the best games, by participating in strategic planning and helping your team members in prioritizing their tasks to reach the studio goals. As a team lead, you will nourish an inspiring team culture and mentor your team members to develop professionally.
We expect you to be a gamer at heart with ROI on the top of your mind. To thrive in this position you will need excellent social skills to be able to work with anyone from creatives to finance and demonstrate the ability to explain complex subjects to them. Additionally, you should be able to clearly define suggestions and work with your team to accomplish their goals. Communication is key to make data actionable.
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Providing leadership and support to a team of data analysts
- Coaching team members to improve their performance and help them advance in their career development
- Supporting studio management in portfolio level analysis and roadmap planning
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Spreading best practices to analytics and game teams
- Developing models of user behavior for analysis
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Creating dashboards and reports
- Building data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Drafting and assessing tracking events
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Passion for casual gaming and problem solving!
- Genuine interest in people leadership
- Several years experience as an analyst, data scientist or product manager
- Track record in leading a team and mentoring data analysts
- Ability to turn analysis into valuable action
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Knowledge of advanced SQL
- Experience in A/B testing design, implementation and decision making
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. Python/R
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Fluent English skills
- Openness to feedback and ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Know-how in big data technologies, e.g Presto, Hive, Druid
- Prior experience in working in games industry
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Third round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.
- Fourth round: You will meet at least one member of the Puzzle studio. The goal is to give you and the game teams a chance to discuss ways of working as well as expectations from the role.
In case you’d be moving from abroad, we’ll offer you relocation support and make sure you have a smooth start with us in Finland. Don’t keep us waiting but send your application already today!