Senior Data Analyst – Game Economy
PUBLISHED: August 26, 2019
We have an opening on our analytics team at Seriously (Helsinki office) for a Senior Data Analyst – Game Economy with experience in mobile/social/free-to-play gaming. As a Senior Data Analyst – Game Economy you will be working on one our our game teams and collaborating closely with the product lead, designers and other analysts. You’ll be responsible for the game’s economy, understanding how players behave in it, and helping to identify and improve the monetisation and retention drivers within the economy. We are looking for a person who excels at using data to improve games, and who is passionate about sharing this knowledge.
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Design, model, monitor and balance game economy features, such as sales and IAP pricing, to help drive retention and monetization, as well as create a fun and engaging game experience
- Work closely with the product lead, designers and analysts on the team, to help identify key areas for growth and improvement
- Build models simulating the game economy and its features, as well as use A/B testing help identify how we can maximize retention, time spent in the game, and LTV
- Share the best practises and reusable software components with the analytics team
- Build data sets and automation for analysis
- Use large data sets to model and draw conclusions about player behavior
- Share results with the team and company through reports, interactive documents, dashboards, and presentations
- Master’s degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in games; experience with, free-to-play, social games, casino games, or mobile games strongly preferred
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design in order to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- In-depth understanding of SQL including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Well-versed in data visualisation and exploratory data analysis using BI tools like Periscope
- Hands-on experience with R or Python and the related data analysis and web application packages
- Familiar with basic software development practises and version control systems like Git
- Understanding of statistical analysis and a strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Capable of explaining complex topics to a non-statistician or a business decision maker
- Pride and responsibility in your work and craft
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
- Curious minded and passionate about data and analytics
We kindly ask You to send your CV and cover letter to us as soon as possible as the position will be filled once a suitable candidate has been found.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.