(Senior) Data Analyst – Angry Birds Journey ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: December 14, 2021
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join the Angry Birds Journey team. Journey is our new game under active development. Now is the perfect time and opportunity to make a significant impact on the game development course and performance.
Being a Data Analyst in Rovio entails being a part of a big and data-experienced team. We are continuously running experiments and looking for new ideas through players behaviour analysis. We also make data-driven decisions to improve performance of the game and audience satisfaction. We believe you will be a great fit for this role if you enjoy to work with large data sets, apply statistical methods in practice and want to see business impact from changes you commit to the project.
The Journey team is mostly located in Finland and works in a hybrid model (1-3 days per week onsite), but remote work is also an option.
- Liveops. Supporting the team with recommendations based on data we collect, answering the team’s questions.
- Experiments. Designing and running in-game experiments. Helping the team to find options leading to better game monetization performance and our audience satisfaction.
- Investigations. Digging data we collect and looking for opportunities to improve gameplay experience.
- Data culture. Working closely with Data Analysts, Product Managers and Project Leads to continuously improve how we are looking into game metrics and make decisions.
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience in product analysis and experiments design (A/B testing, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation and collaboration skills. Ability to present data and provide actionable recommendations to senior stakeholders.
And it would be a bonus if you also have
- Prior experience in mobile free-to-play games and/or Mobile Marketing and User Acquisition
- Understanding of Bayesian statistics and/or experience with machine learning
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.