(Senior) Data Analyst (Advertising)
PUBLISHED: November 15, 2019
We are looking for a Data Analyst to support our Advertising team, which optimizes ad performance and acts as an operational link between game teams and ad networks. You will play a key role in evaluating and improving the ways in which ads are served to our players.
Data at massive scale sits at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. You will use your analytical skills to help our teams make advertising in our games more fun to our players. The role is largely autonomous, which allows and requires you to decide which kinds of analyses and tools you work on. While you will work closely with the Advertising team you will be a member of the Business Intelligence team, whereby you will collaborate with and have the support of our team of analysts and data scientists.
Your responsibilities as a Data Analyst:
- Perform analysis and deliver insights to studios, advertising, and marketing teams using your strong communication skills and analytical toolbox.
- Develop models, tools and dashboards to increase efficiency and improve decision making.
- Participate in data harmonization processes by defining requirements, implementing ETL processes and ensuring data quality.
- Guide stakeholders in defining relevant KPIs, discovering opportunities and focusing on relevant problems.
What we expect:
- Passion for gaming! Gaming experience will help you interpret the data at your fingertips.
- Fluency in R and/or Python – the battle about which language reigns supreme rages on amongst the ranks of our passionate geeks.
- You are able to automate analytics processes using programming languages or relevant tools and are versed in the use of databases and Big Data technologies.
- You are a self-starter who has the drive to initiate, execute, collaborate on and communicate analytics projects.
- You are driven by curiosity, and are not afraid to experiment and learn.
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with digital advertising and terms like eCPM, RTB, fill rate and yield is a plus.
What you get when you join us:
- Be part of a strong company with ambitious plans for the future
- Awesome data-minded coworkers: We give you the best support we can and help you grow as a professional.
- Truly international environment: You will hear a number of languages in our workplace and lighthearted baguette vs. burrito conversations are commonplace.
- Hackathons: We love to try new technologies and methods to build next generation infrastructure and tools.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and cover letter! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.