(Senior) Data Analyst
PUBLISHED: April 30, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work with our User Acquisition team, the passionate squad pushing the growth of our games including our hugely successful titles Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds Dream Blast. You will work on guiding the decision making of one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world.
The perfect candidate is driven to dig deeper and analyze complex funnels from ad impression to long term retention. You will use your analytical skills to discover opportunities, objectively evaluate what works, and make actionable recommendations to improve the performance of our UA activities. We expect from you an analytical mindset and the ability to explain complex observations in a clear and concise manner. Communication is key to make data actionable.
The main responsibilities are in the following three areas:
- Data pipeline
- Working with performance marketing managers to optimize campaign performance
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Spreading best practices to analytics and marketing teams
- Analysing campaign performance; discovering and communicating what works
- Studying changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Evaluating and defining metrics used for decision making
- Building dashboards, version-controlled tools and reports
- Building data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Ensuring data quality and availability
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Ability to turn analyses into valuable action
- Excellent cooperation skills
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Understanding of advanced SQL
- Proficiency in R or Python
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
We’d love if you have some of these:
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant position
- Prior experience working in the marketing or gaming industry
If you are interested, please send us your CV and cover letter! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!