Senior Data Analyst
PUBLISHED: July 22, 2019
We have an opening on our analytics team at Seriously (Helsinki office) for an experienced Data Analyst with a significant track record in mobile/social/free to play gaming. As a Senior Data Analyst you will be responsible for analysing our data to help us understand and optimise user behaviour for player engagement, monetisation and retention. We are looking for a person who excels at using data to improve games, and who is passionate about sharing this knowledge.
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Work closely with product leads and the management team by analysing the game’s data to identify key areas for growth and improvement
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other team members to ensure that correct and appropriate data is collected
- Share the best practises and reusable software components with the analytics team
- Develop statistical and predictive methods to analyze and answer complex questions
- Build data sets and automation for analysis
- Help plan and analyze A/B tests
- Use large data sets to model and draw conclusions about player behavior
- Share results with the team and company through reports, interactive documents, dashboards, and presentations
- Master’s degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field, PhD will be considered a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the mobile/social/free to play gaming space
- Advanced understanding of SQL including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Well-versed in data visualisation and exploratory data analysis using BI tools like Periscope
- Hands-on experience with R or Python and the related data analysis and web application packages
- Familiar with basic software development practises and version control systems like Git”
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Capable of explaining complex topics to a non-statistician or a business decision maker
- Pride and responsibility in your work and craft
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
- Curious minded and passionate about data and analytics
Send your CV and cover letter to us as soon as possible as we would be happy to fill in the position immediately.