Senior Data Analyst
PUBLISHED: June 4, 2019
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Puzzle Studio, the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies.
The perfect candidate is familiar with free-to-play market, habitually influences game teams through analysis and guides team members to coordinate their individual efforts. You will use your analytical skills to understand differences in user behavior. In many ways, analytics drives what actions we take in game development. You will identify and influence core aspects of our games in close collaboration with product managers, game designers and other analysts. You should demonstrate the ability to explain complex subjects in a clear and concise manner. Communication is key to making data actionable.
The main responsibilities are in the following four areas:
- Growing the game(s)
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Spreading best practices to analytics and game teams
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Building models of user behavior for analysis
- Building dashboards and reports
- Building data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Designing and evaluating tracking events
People & Processes
- Providing guidance and direction to both team members and stakeholders
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
- Ability to turn analyses into valuable action
- Excellent cooperation skills
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. R or Python
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Understanding of advanced SQL
Additionally, we’d love you to have:
- Prior experience working in the gaming industry
- Prior experience in leading team
In the Rovio Puzzle studio you’ll join a close community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious. We challenge each other and ourselves in all we do here but keep the atmosphere friendly, inclusive and supportive. A work week with us would most probably include joint breakfasts with your colleagues from around the world, a massage time, gaming sessions, Friday beers and occasionally hackathons and also some actual work.
In case you’d be moving from abroad, we’ll offer you relocation support and make sure you have a smooth start with us in Helsinki.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.