Senior Data Analyst
PUBLISHED: November 29, 2018
Hello you, curious person! We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team in Espoo, Finland. You will work on delivering insights on one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world, and enable our thriving teams to create engaging experiences for millions of players.
Data at massive scale sits at the heart of everything we do at Rovio, it enables us to improve our games that have millions of daily users. We believe such huge data has value only if it is converted to clear insights. Our Business Intelligence team empowers the teams through insights derived from the data and develops relevant tools and models to support decision making.
You will work closely with our User Acquisition team, which manages performance marketing activities in close collaboration with game development teams. As a Senior Data Analyst you will play a pivotal role in analysing and optimizing user acquisition efforts and be responsible for providing insights to guide the team.
You will use your analytical skills to discover opportunities, objectively evaluate what works, and make recommendations to improve ROI. You’ll work with analysts, campaign managers and game teams closely. Fast-paced gaming industry and continually evolving marketing landscape offers ample opportunity for innovation and personal growth. As a person you are willing to leave your mark and challenge conventions. You act with integrity and care for the experience we provide to our fans.
- Perform analysis and deliver insights to game, marketing and finance teams using your strong communication skills and analysis/modelling toolbox
- Develop algorithms, tools, dashboards and reports to increase efficiency in decision making and drive higher ROI
- Participate in data harmonization activities by defining requirements and ensuring data quality
- Guide stakeholders in defining relevant KPIs, utilizing existing data, discovering opportunities and driving data-driven decision makin
- You’re passionate about mobile games. Your gaming experience will get handy, as it will help you to interpret the data you see.
- You can find your way in analytics programming/scripting with R and/or Python. You are able to automate analytics processes using programming languages or relevant tools.
- You used databases and Big Data technologies (e.g. SQL, Spark, Presto).
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need day-to-day supervision, but can also work in a team of experts with different backgrounds.
- You enjoy interacting with others, you are proactive and a trusted advisor.
- You’re driven by curiosity, and are not afraid to experiment and learn.
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with marketing terms like CPI, ROI, LTV, creative optimization is a plus.
What you get when you join us:
- Strong company with ambitious plans for future: Rovio has long background in the mobile gaming industry and we have no plans to stop our growth.
- Awesome data-minded coworkers: We are a family-like community that is hands-on, collaborative and ambitious. We help each other grow professionally.
- Fun and international environment: You will hear lots of languages, jokes and laughter in our workplace.
- Hackathons: We love to try new technologies and methods to build the next generation infrastructure.
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, sauna and more.
Don’t keep us waiting – send your application already today! Remember to include a cover letter and CV.