Senior Brand Marketing Manager, Social Media ROVIO / Helsinki or Stockholm or Montreal
PUBLISHED: October 7, 2021
The Brand Development and Marketing team works with the core of the Angry Birds IP, creating and driving the strategy, guidance, and creative direction for brand. Working across Rovio’s diverse business areas, the Brand Dev & Marketing team has a key role in nurturing and developing fandom of Angry Birds as it launches into its second decade. They collaborate especially closely with Games Marketing and Research teams, the Player Experience Team, the Brand Licensing Unit, and the PR & Comms Team in creating consistent and engaging brand communications for our global and diverse audience.
The Senior Brand Marketing Manager for Social Media is responsible for creating, developing and executing a strategy for Angry Birds’ social media presence and activities.
As a seasoned brand marketing professional, you will lead the small, agile team driving the growth of Angry Birds brand social media channels. You will define the brand’s social media strategy, develop our written and visual tone of voice across different channels, create compelling content, measure brand sentiment, grow our fan base – and ultimately manage our brand image across social media.
In this role you’ll take the reins of brand communications for a globally renowned entertainment brand: Angry Birds. With 4.5B game downloads across the franchise, two movies, heaps of animated series and global licensing programs, Angry Birds has reached all corners of the globe and formed a rich, diverse fanbase.
The whole team is located in Finland, and plan to work in a hybrid model, meaning they’ll plan to work flexibly with 1-3 days per week on site. While Montreal is an option, the preference is that the person hired is located in or willing to relocate to Helsinki or Stockholm.
Please submit your CV and cover letter when you apply, and consider adding a portfolio or links to projects that showcase some of your work.
- Create, develop and execute our global Angry Birds brand social media strategy
- Drive continuous development and measurement of our social channels, including social listening and sentiment analysis
- Create communication guidelines and best practices to turn followers into fans, grow the community, and recognise potential influencers
- Develop, test and execute continuous story-telling through highly-engaging content and campaigns
- Define and track the most important KPIs
- Build an efficient content pipeline with internal resources and external vendors
- Collaborate with Games, Licensing and Animation stakeholders for key projects and campaigns
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years experience in social, digital or communications roles for a global brand
- 2+ years experience leading a team
- Deep knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you can clearly convey strategies, tactics, rationale and results to peers, partners and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of key KPIs and metrics
- Native spoken and written English skills
- Passion for creative story-telling and an eye for detail
- Deep knowledge of social media business management tools & software
- Self driven attitude with excellent organisational, time-management, and planning skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving attitude
- Strong interest in the latest digital technologies and trends
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Highly creative and collaborative
- Passion for entertainment, pop-culture and video games
- Native spoken and written English skills
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know about your experience so far, what motivates you and how that might align with our plans for the team. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills required for the role.
- Third round: You will be invited to present and discuss the exercise you worked on to internal stakeholders you would work with, including the Head of Brand Licensing and the Head of Player Experience/Community.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet our SVP of “Future of Gaming” & Angry Birds brand strategy, our HR partner as well as the team you would manage.