(Senior) Backend Software Developer SULAKE / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: January 12, 2022
Founded in 2000 by a small team of passionate people, Sulake is a social entertainment company focused on providing a safe and fun online service for self-expression through its products, Habbo and Hotel Hideaway. Sulake is part of Azerion, a Dutch-based international gaming company in the media and entertainment business. Together, we are a diverse group of various media and technology brands.
We recently launched an NFT (non-fungible token) collection based on the famous Habbo brand – Habbo Avatars (https://nft.habbo.com/). This is the first step in a much broader adoption of NFTs and blockchain technology in Habbo. We are looking to make Habbo the leading player in the construction of the metaverse by integrating NFTs to Habbo and also integrating Habbo into other places in the metaverse and partnering with other NFT collections. If you’re interested in reading more about the future plans we have for Habbo and NFTs, head over to our Medium page: https://habbonft.medium.com/the-habbo-avatars-project-a-long-term-vision-74cc30a754d1
We are looking for a (Senior) Backend Software Developer to be a part of our new NFT team in Helsinki. If you are interested in implementing new features, gaming and NFTs, this is THE ROLE for you. Please note: due to our tight schedule, we are currently looking for candidates already based in Finland.
The experience & skills we expect from you:
- 4+ years of programming in Java.
- OO design.
- Relational databases.
Following areas are considered as an advantage:
- Experience in concurrent programming via Java.
- Experience in NIO programming via Java.
- Performance tuning of Java applications including but not limited to GC profiling, fixing memory leaks, JVM tuning.
- Solving deadlocks and performance issues in Java applications.
- Database access profiling and optimisation.
- Writing code with Java 8 API, in particular CompletableFuture.
- Writing database schemas for MySQL database.
- Frameworks included Spring, Hibernate, actors, Netty.
- Experience with blockchain technology
Working here, you won’t get ready-made design specs handed to you – the responsibility and freedom to fulfill requirements as you best see fit rests with you. You will write unit tests for the code you produce, possibly even before writing the code itself. Any experience of agile practices is a plus, and you will at least believe in the benefits of developing in short, iterative cycles.
In a Software Developer, we value the right attitude above all else. We don’t want coding to be just a job to you, instead it’s something you are passionate about and interested in. You want to understand why things work the way they do, to constantly learn something new and to develop to be the best in your field. You are responsible and proud of your accomplishments. You will not accept things done only half-way, but on the other hand you understand why very good is better than perfect. You are a team player with fluent communication skills, both spoken and written – we work in English.
What we offer:
- Exciting new and challenging tasks.
- Talented and awesome colleagues.
- Relaxed and non-corporate atmosphere.
- New amazing office in the heart of Helsinki (hybrid work setup due to COVID-19).
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits.
Please apply as soon as possible by filling in the form with attachments below. This full-time position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate has been found