Senior Backend Engineer DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: July 13, 2021
Are you a passionate and self-driven person ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a seasoned Backend Developer to join our skilled and highly effective team in Helsinki, Finland.
This is an exciting next step for an experienced backend engineer who is ready to tackle fun and intriguing challenges on the server-side of real-time multiplayer game development. You will play an integral role in developing and maintaining the foundation for a groundbreaking social MMO whilst solving complex problems. We have developed our own backend and you will be working with an interesting tech stack. You will have a wide array of engaging tasks from tool development to writing long-living maintainable code and much more.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment and being a great team collaborator is second nature to you, let’s connect!
- Develop high-quality, functional, and testable code and architecture
- Building game services
- Utilize functional programming languages to create great performing distributed game servers
- Evaluate, implement and maintain features for our MMO backend
- Work closely with the team on the development roadmap
- Create and maintain coding standards, code reviews, and performance benchmarks
- Create internal tools and templates for enabling the team to work more efficiently
- Distribute and share knowledge with the team in an inclusive manner
Our ideal candidate
- Enthusiastic about real-time multiplayer and MMO technologies
- Self-driven team player who works towards a common goal
- Great interest in functional programming/Elixir/OTP
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Eagerness to deliver engaging game experiences to a global audience
- Experience in working on systems in production and being comfortable with deployments
- Experience from code reviews and version control as a natural part of the development cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Stays on top of the latest developments in the field
- Understanding of architecture and pipelines
- Previous game development experience
- Experience with CI-/CD-pipelines and modern automation tools
- Professional experience with Elixir/Erlang/Rust
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Creative studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!