Senior Backend Developer
PUBLISHED: September 13, 2017
WordDive is a unique artificial intelligence-based online and mobile application for learning languages. WordDive, which combines the best parts of Finnish education and game industry, was launched in 2010, and we now have more than 330 000 happy users in 150 countries. We offer our employees an opportunity for professional growth and a great window into the rapidly evolving world of mobile applications.
Our spacious premises are located in central Tampere, right next to the university and the Tampere Hall. Our fast-growing multidisciplinary team is working on marketing, product development, study material, and customer service. Our strengths are a good team spirit, a will to get things done and a burning desire to help our customers as well as our colleagues.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to strengthen our team. You will work with mobile and web backend in a high responsibility role.
- Strong skills (at least 5 years of experience) with backend technologies (e.g. PHP, MySQL, Apache)
- Ability to write efficient and clear code
- Experience with performance optimization and scaling applications
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Excellent customer-oriented way of working
- An independent approach to work
- Good problem-solving skills
- An ability and a willingness to learn new things
- Good oral and written skills in English
The following points are considered an advantage for the applicant:
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack)
- Linux skills
- Personal interest, being up to date with new technologies
The work begins: As soon as we find the right person
Working hours: Full-time
Application ends: Apply as soon as possible, but 24.9.2017 at the latest.
Please send your application and CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.