PUBLISHED: October 13, 2017
Housemarque is looking for a Senior Animator!Housemarque is looking for a Senior Animator!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games.
Our company’s purpose is to:
1) Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
2) Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
As a Senior Animator your responsibility is to be in charge of the animating, the rigging and the implementing of the animations in the state machine driven animation system. You will need to be proactive and capable of handling pressure. You are not afraid to take responsibility and are able to work independently, if needed. You boldly tackle new challenges and deeply understand how animation works with the gameplay.
The tasks for a Senior Animator at Housemarque allow expressing oneself with a wide spectrum, all the way from animating humans to weird alien lifeforms and everything in-between, from gameplay animation to cutscenes.
We would kindly like to underline, that all Senior Animator applicants must meet the required qualifications listed below. This position is suitable only for a firmly experienced game animator, who knows what a full modern development cycle demands and doesn’t need to be taught the basics of a modern game animation pipeline.
- At least 4 years of experience as an animator in a current generation console or PC game project AND at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, XBOX One, Wii U, PC, Switch
- Firm production experience in working with animation statemachine systems/trees
- Strong keyframing skills – ability to produce high quality animation within set time limits
- Strong understanding of gameplay animation restrictions and needs
- Strong understanding of human and animal locomotion
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong skills in at least one major animation software, but experience in Maya is preferred
- Able to rig and skin on a modern game production level
- Solid understanding of “quality meets productivity”
- Proactive and able to work as an own unit, if needed
- Good communication skills• Ability to draw down animation ideas, rough storyboards and thumbnails
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Not afraid of challenge and responsibility
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- 2D animation skills
- 3D modeling skills
- Mocap experience
- Experience in cutscene related tasks
- Facial rigging and animation experience
- Directing and/or storytelling skills
- Game hobby projects and game jam participations
- Knowledge of other game development skills (T-shaped employee)