PUBLISHED: May 16, 2017
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a senior animator!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. Our company’s purpose is to:
1) Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
2) Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
As a Senior Animator your responsibility is to be in charge of both the animating, as well as the implementing of animations in the state machine system. Thus, you need to have a strong knowledge of the full modern game animation pipeline, all the way from the rigging process, through animation, to the authoring of the state machine driven animation systems. You will also need to be proactive and capable of handling pressure, as well as working independently, if needed. We believe that “gameplay is king”, so you need to have a solid understanding how animation can serve gameplay.
The tasks for a senior animator at Housemarque can vary all the way from animating humans to weird alien lifeforms and everything in-between, from gameplay animation to cutscenes. We have developed a greatly varying catalogue of games, which reflects directly to the opportunities for expressing oneself.
We would kindly like to underline, that all applicants must meet the required qualifications listed below. We are looking for a firmly experienced professional, who knows what the full development cycle demands.
- At least 4 years of experience as an animator in a current generation console (PS4, XBOX One, Wii U) or a modern PC game project and at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, XBOX One, Wii U, PC
- Firm experience working with animation trees
- Strong skills in at least one major animation software, but experience in Maya is preferred
- Strong keyframing skills – ability to produce high quality animation in the given time frame
- Strong understanding of gameplay animation restrictions and needs – understanding the gameplay first mentality
- Strong understanding of human and animal locomotion
- Able to rig and skin on a game production level
- Solid understanding of quality meets productivity
- Proactive – able to work as an own unit, if needed
- Ability to draw down animation ideas, rough storyboards and thumbnails
- Good communication skills. You gather and share information, and tackle day-to-day problems with efficient face-to-face communication
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Not afraid of challenge and responsibility
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- 2D animation skills
- 3D modeling skills
- Mocap experience
- Experience in producing cutscenes
- Facial rigging and animation experience
- Strong understanding what makes a moving picture work (film making as a hobby or studies)
- Die hard gamer
- Directing and/or storytelling skills
- Game hobby projects
- Knowledge of other game development skills
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person