Senior Animator (Character Lab)
PUBLISHED: January 28, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Rovio’s Delta team houses a diverse collection of specialist teams that work together in the complex environment of game development. These include Player Support, QA, Localisation, App Store Operations, User Research, Audio, and our Character Lab. Delta’s goal is to enable each of the game teams to concentrate on making games by providing services that give them all the tools and support they need to succeed. In Delta, you will work with pretty much every team and we constantly look for new ways of working and new ways that we can add value. It is an exciting, international team where you will be constantly challenged and never bored.
We are now looking for a Senior Animator to join our talented Character Lab in Rovio Espoo, Finland as part of the Delta team. This position is a fixed-term employment of up to 18 months.
Characters are key to the success of Rovio games and we need our animators to create strong personality and quirky humor as they bring these characters to life. As a Senior Animator in Character Lab you will develop and animate characters for Rovio’s games and products. You will also be expected to communicate your ideas to creative leads of the projects and the Character Lab team to improve work processes. Although the Character Lab is a central support team, you will be expected to play a big role in the development of the games in general. You will help craft its IP and story through concepts and storyboards, as well as creating various production quality art assets for the final product.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Animator:
- Lead and create character animation for various platforms with excellent visual storytelling
- Create animated assets, storyboards and animatics as needed to develop animations
- Work together with game teams creative supervisors and artists with animation, character concepting and character design
- Support producers in planning, scheduling and prioritizing animation related tasks
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent knowledge of character acting, game animation and narrative character animation
- Good Maya and Spine skills, Fundamentals of Unity
- Understanding of in-game animation development and production process
- Collaborative, communicative and a team-player in a multidisciplinary environment
- 5 years of experience in animation or commercial game projects
- Fluent in English
We’d love you to have some of these:
- Good drawing skills and overall visual design skills
- Can work in different styles to suit different projects
- Passion for games animation, animated series, movies and pop-culture
- Ability to contribute to processes, pipelines and character rigs
Please note that we don’t provide relocation assistance for this position.
If you are interested, please send your application today, with the CV, cover letter, and a link to your demo reel.