Senior Animator (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: April 13, 2018
We are looking for a Senior Animator to join our Battle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Are you excited about bringing characters to life? Do you love building new things and iterating on them, until they are just right? Are you thrilled by competitive games? Within Battle Studio we are creating cutting-edge mid-core games and establishing new IPs. Excitement is brewing as the team prepares to tackle ambitious goals. Feel inspired by the opportunity and freedom of getting involved at the game’s genesis.
Your primary mission is to bring our mischievous and nutty characters to life. Your demo reel illustrates your passion for characters in motion. You will be working closely with concept artists, art direction and tech-artists to create unforgettable experiences for our fans.
You’ll fit in our flock if you have:
- Jaw-dropping animation skills with a passion for stylized characters and environments
- Solid understanding of the 2D and 3D animation needs in mobile games
- Strong interest in games animation, animated series, movies etc.
- Experience on published games using Unity 3D or similar engines
- A proactive attitude and a problem solving mindset
- Joy spreading knowledge and being open to receiving feedback
- Strong communication, organisational and team collaboration skills
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 5+ years of experience in the games or entertainment industry
- Excellent skills in 3D animation in Maya or similar software
- Rigging and Python scripting is part of your routine
- A natural drive to define, manage and refine processes in art development
- A lighthearted attitude that embraces Rovio’s mischievous characters and nutty worlds
- XP in particle FX and / or classic 2D animation would be the cherry on top
We’re looking for team members who bring their passion and creative spirit to everything they do. You love to take ownership and work in an agile environment? You constantly learn from the world’s best animators but you’re pumped to always go a step further? You get a kick out of juicy animations? You can appreciate your Art Director crawling in front of you to visualise a new characters walk cycle? – If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in an fun and creative environment.
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!