Senior Animation Programmer MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / Paris
PUBLISHED: March 15, 2022
Do you want to be a part of building the game of a lifetime?
At Mainframe we are building a living world that people will call their home for years and hopefully decades. This world lives in the cloud and will through the years of its operations become the setting for complex social drama that involves potentially millions of people around the clock and around the world.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to implement cutting edge systems for complex animation in dynamic open world multiplayer environments. You would be working closely with the design, animation and gameplay teams to create a robust and scalable foundation for gameplay animation and future content.
Your role is based preferably in Finland, Iceland or France, where we have our offices. We are open to discussing remote work but, we prefer to stay in the time zones between Helsinki and Reykjavik. We believe in good work-life balance and working where you are most productive.
In your first 18 months you can expect to:
- Take responsibility for maintaining and improving the whole animation tech stack, tools and plugins.
- Create visually stunning animations for a living dynamic world.
- Help to define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult animation problems.
Skills and qualifications:
- You are familiar with the evolution of animation techniques, especially motion matching which our current animation system is based on.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- You have good communication skills and you feel comfortable working with multiple stakeholders, understanding their needs as well as communicating your solutions.
- Unreal Engine and multiplayer experience a great plus.
We have a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy.
We have our offices in Helsinki, Reykjavik and Paris. All our offices are centrally located and we offer you top of the line work conditions wherever you work.
We are a well funded pan-Nordic start-up founded in 2019. We are working on a project we love. Joining us now is an opportunity to make an impact on the game we develop and the company culture very early on.