Senior 3D Artist, Mobile
PUBLISHED: December 11, 2017
WARGAMING, Helsinki, Finland
Wargaming Helsinki is looking for a 3D Artist/Senior Artist to play a key role in driving the vision and creation for our new mobile game!
You’ll help establish the style from concept to development, working with our internal team of artists and developers at Wargaming Helsinki. You’ll also be able to collaborate with our global teams in order to create the best looking game in the world!
What you will do:
- Push the boundaries of mobile 3D graphics
- Model, rig, texture, render 3D characters, vehicles, and other objects
- Work directly with our in-house art team, collaborating and brainstorming on new ideas
- Collaborate with Wargaming’s distributed teams around the world
- Ensure all models/assets created (shape, color, shading) reach required quality level
- Contribute and advise on the style and direction of a new game/app, keeping in mind limitations associated with software and project milestones
- Work with the Production Team and other artists to define key milestones and deliverables, and contribute towards improving the production pipeline
- Actively accept and provide feedback and critique to/from producers, leads and artists
- Autonomously tackle problems as they arise
- 2+ years of experience in game development: modelling, rigging, texturing and rendering using 3ds Max/Blender, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Good knowledge of creating low- and high-poly 3D characters and objects
- Advanced skills in creating texture maps (light, shade, color, and details)
- Good understanding of human and animal anatomy with a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modelling
- Versatile and prepared to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to out- and in-sourced mass production
- Self-motivated, good communication and organization skills, team spirit, problem-solving skills and proactivity
- Ability to multi-task and adapt easily to change
- A passion for making great games!
- Animation skills (2D/3D). Knowledge and experience of Blender, Unity, knowledge of creating visual effects and motion graphics
- Knowledge of 3D texture painting software such as Substance Painter and Quixel DDO
Why you’ll love WG Helsinki:
- Opportunity to work with an experienced, humble and nimble dev team with one mission: Make. Great. Games.
- Autonomy and independence: take decisions without layers of management or bureaucracy
- You’d be joining at a perfect time: when we’re just kicking off a new project
- You’ll be part of the international Wargaming ecosystem
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
To apply, please forward your resume, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.