Scrum Master SULAKE / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: February 24, 2022
Sulake is a social entertainment company focused on providing safe and fun online services for self-expression. Our mission is to enable our users to meet new people, make friends and give them a place to create and share content in enticing virtual surroundings. We make online web and mobile-based games, and we are good at it!
Currently, we ́re both operating and developing two games: Hotel Hideaway and Habbo. Hotel Hideaway is a social online role-playing game for young adults and Habbo is famous for being one of the world’s oldest and most popular social hangouts for teens. Sulake is part of Azerion, a Dutch-based international gaming company in the media and entertainment business. Together we are a diverse group of various media and technology brands.
We are currently looking for a Scrum Master to join our amazing team in Helsinki.
As a Scrum Master for our game Hotel Hideaway, you will be helping members of the game team to optimise their development process and improve their self-organization skills. This includes coordinating daily work, nurturing and helping to develop the team’s Agile practices and values. You will work side-by-side with the Hotel Hideaway Design Triad: Product Owner, Game Producer, and Game Designer.
Please note: due to our tight schedule, we are currently looking for candidates based in Finland.
- Facilitating Scrum Events
- Protecting the team from schedule disruptions
- Navigating through roadblocks and impediments promptly
- Helping the Product Owner and Game Designer to manage the Product Backlog
- Coaching the team and organization on best use of Agile practices and values
- Implement and follow the team’s velocity metrics
- Support discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
The desired experience and skills we expect from you:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Several years of proven experience in applying Agile methodologies within highly distributed teams
- Strong listening skills
- Passion for games and game development
- Completed Agile certification, e.g as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, or SAFe RTE
- Ability to understand technical details and requirements
- Experience in building and managing roadmaps and releases
- Knowledge of the common management and development tools like JIRA, GitLab, Jenkins
- A fun person
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a wide range of interesting tasks
- Talented and awesome colleagues
- Relaxed and non-corporate atmosphere
- New amazing office in the heart of Helsinki (Due to COVID-19, we are currently working remotely/Hybrid)
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits
Apply as soon as possible by filling in the form with the attachments below. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.