PUBLISHED: October 10, 2017
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
As a Release Manager you’ll be responsible for a smoothly executed release of new versions of Yousician on all platforms according to the release plan (including major releases, patches and changes). In practice this means that our releases are on agreed schedule and in high quality, with all the needed documentation and communication being carried out to ensure successful release process.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Communicate the release status to all involved parties to ensure everyone is up to date about relevant changes and pending issues.
- Coordinate the deployment of new features with product development teams to ensure releases go smoothly and with good quality.
- Facilitate and coordinate the communication between the product development teams regarding product changes and features, and ensure sufficient documentation is in place.
- Review features to identify technical & design risks.
- Coordinate and develop our external testing processes together with our QA specialists.
- Monitor post-release user reviews, feedback and other app quality metrics (together with Support team).
- Hire and manage the QA and Release team.
WHO YOU ARE
- Background in mobile software development or related field.
- 2-3 years experience as a software release manager or similar position in an Agile company.
- Strong familiarity with source control, build servers, automation, and continuous delivery principles.
- Strong familiarity with work tracking and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong data analysis skills and understanding of metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at both the release and feature levels.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; ability to lead through influence rather than dictate.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!