R&D STUDENT WORKER
PUBLISHED: August 11, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
Do you want to join one of Finland’s fastest growing IT/Gaming companies and get the chance to learn what one of the world’s biggest game engines looks like from the inside? Are you an active student enrolled in a relevant bachelor’s or master’s programme and would like to work part time, then this might be the position for you!
We are looking for a passionate and motivated student to join our Performance Team in our office in Helsinki, Finland for 20h/week.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with a highly skilled team of engineers, analyzing performance tests and performance data, investigating performance regressions, aggregating and publishing historical data on it and sending and getting feedback from developers. We keep constant focus on scalability, performance and memory usage. This position will give you the chance to build your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures used to build state-of-the-art technology for a variety of platforms including PC, mobiles and current & next-generation of consoles.
What does it take:
- You are currently an enrolled student (ideally in a Computer Science related study program)
- Knowledge of development tools in general (Visual Studio with ReSharper preferred)
- Programming skills using C#
- Experience using a distributed source control versioning system like Git or Mercurial
We also appreciate:
- Experience using Unity
- Passion for working with large data sets
- Good communication skills (in English)
- Ability to work effectively on shared projects with testers and developers
What you get:
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Monday breakfast, FFA foods, usage of a massage chair and whatnot
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- And of course, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry