QA Trainee, Puzzle & Battle Studio
PUBLISHED: February 11, 2019
We’re now looking for QA Trainees to join our studios and game development teams at our HQ in Espoo. You would be working with games developed either in our Puzzle Studio or Battle Studio, the former focusing on puzzle games such as Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Blast, Angry Birds POP!, Dream Blast (and other unreleased titles); and the latter on strategy and action games such as Battle Bay and other, yet unreleased titles.
What you’ll take under your wings:
In this role you will be responsible of testing the games/software to ensure they are of good quality before being released, will be responsible of the quality of the games tested by providing timely and accurate quality visibility to the test lead and the development team, will do testing (including functional, exploratory, usability, compatibility, compliance, performance, localization, or other types of testing as needed), will report issues to bug tracking system, will verify fixed issues, will follow test plans and test cases and get to contribute in overall game development activities.
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Passion for games
- Interest in quality assurance and testing as a profession
- Familiar with different gaming platforms, especially on mobile (iOS and Android)
- Experience of Rovio games is a plus
- Experience in game testing (e.g. actual projects and/or Beta testing)
- Experience in bug reporting
- Analytical mindset and troubleshooting skills
- High attention to detail
- Ready to learn new processes and technologies by working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills – written and spoken English is essential!
- Relevant studies or a degree is an advantage, but not a must
In this role, you need to be a strong team player with good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as lunch vouchers, breakfast, coffee, refreshments, fresh fruits, gym, sauna, gaming area and our various hobby clubs
Please apply by filling the online application form (please attach a cover letter with your CV) including the earliest date when you can start working. Our studios would be more than happy to welcome you already in May!
Aim high and slingshot your application over already today! We look forward to hearing from you soon!