QA Specialist for MMO Game MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki or Reykjavik
PUBLISHED: September 3, 2021
You will be an essential part of the game development team at Mainframe, developing a yet to be announced cloud native MMO game. As a QA Specialist you will be integrating with our gameplay teams to manually test features that are in development. You will drive our culture of quality within the teams. You will be joining in at all stages of development and working closely with designers and developers to deliver to our quality standards. All this as a part of a world class team of game developers.
Outcomes we are looking for you to achieve
- You are the driving force for quality within your team.
- You are actively providing feedback about balance and the overall feel of the game and features through design and development.
- You write and maintain the necessary test documentation for the features your team is developing.
- You own your team’s bugs and are able to advise on the severity of issues based on an understanding of the system/product under test.
- You are actively looking for improvements in the development process and areas that can be automated or improved through tooling.
Competencies we are looking for
- You have previous experience as an embedded QA
- You love games
- You have a keen eye for detail
- You have the ability to be highly organized and methodical during planning and testing phases
- You have agile development experience
Would be also nice if you have
- Familiarity with various game editors
- MMORPG experience
- Automation experience
- Knowledge of network replication
- Familiarity with Jira or equivalent task tracking tools
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple locations
We are a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy. We have offices in Reykjavik and Helsinki. Both our offices are centrally located and we offer you top of the line work conditions.
We are a well funded pan-Nordic start-up working on a project we love. Joining us now is a great opportunity to make an impact on the game we develop and the company culture very early on.