QA (Engineering) Lead SCIPLAY / Oulu, Finland
PUBLISHED: November 4, 2021
SciPlay – QA (Engineering) Lead – Oulu, Finland
SciPlay’s studio in Oulu, Finland is growing and looking for more great talent to join our studio! We are looking for experienced, deeply motivated and passionate QA (Engineering) Lead to join our studio in Oulu, Finland. You want to be part of building high quality mobile games to serve rising needs of players, create long lasting memories for the players, challenge yourself and enjoy working as a part of our awesome team – all this with strong spirit, experience and passion for making games.
As a part of our studio, you will be leading our QA, QA management and QA engineering functions and management operations and taking part in developing game titles – while always aiming higher. For being successful at SciPlay, you must be a good team player, have unique and productive approaches to programming and be in responsible of your own work. You like to face new challenges, have relaxed approach of getting things done with positive attitude, and you know how to focus on your work and make good development decisions.
SciPlay, with offices all over the world, is a leading developer and publishing of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
- Leading and owning the studio’s QA, test and related engineering and management operations, including taking care of all-around QA, testing and related engineering and management duties
- Developing and defining various QA and testing systems, tools, processes and practices, including finding best services and tools for the studio
- Developing and scripting automated tests
- Automating (as possible, enhancing with AI / ML) everything that you can to improve our processes continuously around game development and live operations
- Owns and takes care of all of the QA, testing and QA engineering related partnerships and services at the studio, including taking care of partnership and services communications and management
- Understanding new technologies and technical challenges with mobile devices – finding unique approaches, with problem solving skills, to take benefit of different technologies
- Taking care of certain build management and version control duties of the studio
- Taking part in game and technical design for games, which relates to your specific area and responsibilities
- Educating the studio’s staff continuously about the importance of QA, testing and related engineering and management practices and operations
- Technical design, documentation, testing and supporting operations
- Being part of creating approachable and engaging genre-defining mobile games, and being a key player in our studio in a very unique and important role
- Experienced with Unity and C#, and understanding of integrations and 2D/3D tools
- Experienced in QA, game testing and build management / version control
- Capable of independently developing QA and testing systems, tools, automated tests, etc.
- Sufficient server and system integration know-how, which is required to complete your tasks and duties
- Appropriate documentation and technical design skills
- Capability of solving complex challenges, and passion, pride and responsibility in your work
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- New interesting challenges and approaches for making top-notch mobile games
- Relaxed working environment and flexible ways of working
- Opportunity to be part of an ice-cold focused studio and a global studio group
- Exciting and genre-defining projects to take part in
- Opportunity to learn and grow, and responsibility
- Competitive compensation, annual bonus program and other competitive benefits
- Strong commitment to work life balance
A portfolio of proven quality is a big plus while applying to this position. Interested? Please drop us your application including CV, cover letter and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “QA (Engineering) Lead”. Even if your skillset is not the right match for our requirements, we still want to know about all super skilled talents there are, so please drop us a line.