PUBLISHED: June 8, 2020
REDLYNX, Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
Programmer to join our awesome mobile team
Your responsibility is to develop and implement new gameplay features as well as maintaining older ones and contribute to the continued success of South Park: Phone Destroyer™! Your objective is to take responsibility for features and how they are developed as well as continually improved. Depending on your skills and interests, you will have the opportunity to develop tools that help improve the efficiency of the whole team, implementing gameplay, and other client-side features. We expect you to be confident working independently on features – though of course sharing knowledge and working with other team members. We are also open to welcoming a Senior Programmer in our team.
You will be working within a multidisciplinary team, where active communication and collaboration are a pillar of the culture, and people are ambitious to achieve the best player experience possible. This is a unique opportunity to work in a big project in one of the leading mobile studios of Ubisoft, while enjoying the friendly RedLynx culture known for its quirky humor! Being part of Ubisoft offers amazing perks, such as being connected to a worldwide network of industry experts and being exposed to relevant news in the industry.
- Implement client-side game features in areas such as game mechanics, animations, character behavior, effects, mission logic, UI, social features, etc.
- Identify possibilities to improve the code and the game
- Work hand in hand with the rest of the game development team to deliver the best experience for players
- Support the team with tools development
Our dream candidate
- Has solids skills in Unity and C#
- Has some experience developing realtime multiplayer games and writing network code
- Is familiar with debugging arcane Unity issues
- Has some familiarity with ASP.net or Unity Editor tooling (or both!)
- Has a solution-orientated mindset and is a motivated and efficient problem solver
- Fosters team works and collaboration
- Actively seeks opportunities to continuously enhance their current skills and learn new ones
We also appreciate
- Experience in Server side programming and Python
- Experience in Photon multiplayer
- Native development skills (iOS and Android)
- Build skills (automation, Unity, Gradle and xCode)
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on June 25 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite. For this role, we are not currently able to sponsor visas or work permits. All interviews during the recruitment process will be conducted remotely to keep us all safe and healthy during the COVID-19 restrictions.