Production Technology Director REDLYNX / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: June 24, 2021
As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a friendly atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and diverse professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are now looking for a
Production Technology Director
Your responsibility as a Production Technology Director is to oversee and set the standard for technical work within our studio. You will be responsible for supporting our teams in selecting appropriate technologies, which serve the goals of our studio and Ubisoft as a whole. You understand the engines, middleware and their constraints and ensure that RedLynx games are built with effective technical solutions. It’s equally important that you understand what makes various developers tick and how to motivate and inspire technology teams.
We will offer you a key role influencing a new vision for our studio and strong resources and networks all over the world. At the same time, you will work in our cozy studio and get to know all your stakeholders closely. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey!
- Lead the technical vision for the RedLynx studio, in alignment with the studio and Ubisoft strategy and represent the technology pillar in the leadership team
- Identify future technical challenges, trends and opportunities globally and within Ubisoft, and drive the studio to make most out of the new opportunities
- Build and lead teams focused on technical R&D, and manage technical support teams
- Propose and develop R&D related best tools and development processes to guarantee the teams’ efficiency
- Participate in on-boarding and development of senior technical profiles
- Support technical team leads in defining clear and challenging objectives to their team members
- Support Producers and Leads in game development-related technical planning, process development and execution
- Identify technical risks and oversee the development contingency plans to put in place with the project teams
- Promote RedLynx studio’s needs and services within Ubisoft by building and maintaining relationships with various technology teams
- Facilitate sharing, collaboration and community-building among RedLynx Programmers and within Ubisoft
- Support in the talent attraction efforts of the studio when it comes to technical profiles (e.g. networking with external talent and representing the studio in industry events)
Your skills and experience
- Substantial leadership experience in the games industry and a sizable background from a similar role
- Robust knowledge of various game technologies, engines and programming languages in game development
- Strong knowledge of software engineering practices such as process development, architectural considerations, patterns and scalable solutions
- Excellent people and communication skills; capability to motivate, influence, and inspire at all levels
- Ability to think strategically and able to create and articulate a strong vision for technology
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 1st of August 2021.
Our team is soon heading for a well-deserved holiday break, but we will get back to all the applicants in August! Meanwhile, go ahead and explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite after the pandemic.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.