Production Games Artist SULAKE / Finland/United Kingdom
PUBLISHED: May 18, 2022
Sulake is a social entertainment company focused on providing safe and fun online service for self-expression. Our mission is to enable our users to meet new people, make friends and give them a place to create and share content in enticing virtual surroundings. We make online web and mobile based games, and we are good at it! Currently, we ́re both operating and developing two games: Hotel Hideaway and Habbo. Hotel Hideaway is a social online role playing game for young adults and Habbo is famous for being one of the world’s oldest and most popular social hangouts for teens. Sulake is part of Azerion, a Dutch-based international gaming company in the media and entertainment business. Together we are a diverse group of various media and technology brands.
We are looking for an experienced Production Games Artist to join our team in Finland/UK.
As a Production Games Artist you will create in-game content for Habbo as part of our drive to expand and venture into new development work. You will be working closely with our Design and Marketing team to produce 2D pixel style work. You will be a part of the creative processes from beginning to end.
- Be able to articulate creative concepts and develop ideas in an organised matter
- Brainstorm and conceptualize in a group setting and independently
- Explain complex ideas/processes through visual mood boards and sketches
- Creating game assets
What we are looking for:
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and able to adapt to our workflow
- Strong digital illustration skills with fundamental art knowledge
- Able to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines
- A deep appreciation and understanding of 2D animation and motion principles
- Deadline driven, proactive, organised and good attention to detail
- A University degree in visual arts, design, or a related field
- A Portfolio of your best work
- Great English oral and written communication skills
- Experience with using SVN (checkout, committing, update, etc…)
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Basic understanding/experience of coding (XML files)
- Pixel art experience
- A keen interest in Games
What we offer:
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and work with a wide range of interesting tasks
- Pixel art development and training
- Talented and awesome colleagues
- Relaxed and non-corporate atmosphere (Hybrid work)
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits
Apply by filling in the form with attachments below. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.