PUBLISHED: June 4, 2020
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
Next Games is proud to have a history of collaboration with some of the world’s biggest media properties, such as AMC’s The Walking Dead and Netflix’s Stranger Things. The fans of these properties are men and women, boys and girls of all ages; dedicated core gamers and people with only a little history playing games. At Next Games, we seek to delight and entertain players of all kinds. We do this by creating games that expand the worlds of the most beloved media and entertainment properties of our day.
As a Product Owner you are in a pivotal role in driving the success of a product. You are responsible for gathering information and input across teams at Next Games for making the best possible decisions for the highest possible ROI. You match an eye for detail with a view of the big picture and consider the impact on the product as well as the company with each decision. You lead a team of experts of many disciplines, some of whom are direct reports while others are stakeholders from across the organization. As much as your role is to drive the product with logic and clarity as a business, it also includes promoting a culture that motivates and empowers the team of experts to make the best decisions in their field based on the product strategy.
As a Product Owner, you are also a key member in influencing the company wide success, not only through the product in question, but also by taking part in shaping up the Next Games portfolio strategy and the portfolio wide decisions.
Your experience and skills include:
- You have worked on multiple live F2P mobile game projects in a leadership capacity
- Proven track record of making sound business decisions for products and understanding the big picture across all areas of game development and product
- Strong experience in leading internal teams and internal & external stakeholders, both direct reports and cross-team personnel. Ability to lead in a way that motivates and encourages others
- Passion for games and understanding of the mobile games market, competition and target audience
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, negotiation, and organizational skill
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile, iterative manner with the game team
- Experience in working with senior levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – guide us in our efforts, so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high here at Next Games and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority.
We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a diverse bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, but first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.