Product Marketing Director ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: May 26, 2021
The product marketing team is made up of several Product Marketing Managers (PMM) that work closely with individual game teams and other projects. Working as an integral part of the team, the PMM is the ultimate representative of the players, championing user-centricity in the team, and will be responsible for the marketing of the game throughout its life-cycle, from initiation to sunset.The PMM formulates a marketing strategy for maximizing their game’s reach, conversion, and appeal to players at each stage of its life-cycle. The PMM is responsible for selecting the best marketing methods to maximize the game’s potential at each stage and optimize the entire funnel. This involves working closely with all parts of the organization: games management, UA, community, marketing creative, finance and legal.
Are you passionate about mobile growth and player engagement strategies? Are you excited at the idea of contributing to scaling games to millions of daily active users? Would you like to make an impact on our users across all possible touch points? If so, this Product Marketing Director role might be a perfect fit for you!
We’re looking for a leader who will be responsible for the definition and execution of a product-centered strategy, to grow our player base and increase their engagement in our games year-over-year. Leading Product Marketing Managers, Community Managers and Player Support Specialists, you will be a champion for player experience across our organization to maximize our games’ marketability and our users’ engagement.
You will work cross-functionally with a large variety of teams such as User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, User Acquisition and others, to amplify all growth initiatives.
- Lead a cross-functional team including Product Marketing, Community Management and Player Support
- Develop strategies to maximize our product’s marketability and virality
- Define the community management and player support strategies to ensure that player sentiment and needs are appropriately considered and prioritized in roadmap and performance strategy
- Contribute to the development of marketing creative strategies to deliver world-class creatives that drive user acquisition activity
- Foster a culture of experimentation by always being a step ahead of the market
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to influence how we operate our live games, identify new features and content, maximize app stores visibility and develop growth-oriented campaigns and content that our players will love
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and execute growth and engagement initiatives
- Proven success of leading and managing a team of marketing talents. If not, a track record of successful mentorship and training
- Deeply connected in the games marketing scene
- Wide understanding of marketing and community strategies and channels outside of tracked marketing
- Knowledge of growth marketing: paid, organic, and AppStore Optimisation
- Ability to take a holistic approach to product strategy through consumer insights, user acquisition strategy, user life-cycle management, and brand positioning
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional leadership in Product, Finance, Creative and Business Intelligence/ Data Engineering
- Balance of data-driven analytical skills and creative vision
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Growth mindset: never satisfied with status-quo, always strive to improve and learn, encourage teams and colleagues to do the same
We’d love if you have:
- 8+ years of marketing experience, with preference for mobile apps – ideally, games – and specific experience with Facebook, Google, mobile ad networks and mobile ad exchange
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager, VP Marketing. Before diving deeper into your competencies, we would like to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second meeting: You will meet the Product Marketing Leads
- Third meeting: You will meet the Player Experience Lead
- Fourth meeting: You will meet our Studio Heads
- Fifth meeting: You will meet our Business Unit HR for the team
About the Marketing team:
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio.
Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.