Product Manager (Mobile Live Ops)
PUBLISHED: January 14, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
Product Manager (Mobile Live Ops)
to work with our latest mobile release South Park: Phone Destroyer and our new unannounced mobile project.
As a Product Manager you’ll have a huge impact on the success of our mobile games by ensuring that we make decisions in our game that create unique player experiences together with the best possible ROI. Your job is to create, configure, and maintain in-game promotional events, contests, new content and sales to drive monthly KPI goals of the games. Seamless collaboration with the whole game development team, including production, design, development, quality control, art and business intelligence, is the key to succeed in this role. You will be responsible for leading and developing the Associate Live Ops Manager and you will be reporting to the Studio General Manager.
We are looking for a person with strong experience in mobile game development, preferably in a Live Ops role. You have the exceptional combination of creativity and pragmatism in you, which enables you to collaborate flexibly between different functions. You don’t get agitated by conflicting needs and simultaneous priorities, but rather keep your eye on the big picture. Your strength is in identifying what matters the most and you have the ability to organize your time accordingly.
This is a unique opportunity to run Live Ops in one of Ubisoft’s leading mobile studios creating ambitious and boundary breaking mobile games. We will offer you a possibility to work with different kind of projects: one with well-established processes and IP as well as one where you are able to influence the very early stages of the game. Not to mention all the future opportunities that RedLynx and Ubisoft has to offer.
- Own and Manage “Game as a Business Strategy” for the Mobile Division
- Central Role in creating and owning P&L planning and analytics
- Managing Live Ops — in game events & sales – for big, ambitious mobile games
- Developing a comprehensive in-game event strategy
- Working with analysts to monitor and report on the performance of the promotions and events and their impact on KPIs and game health
- Creating or modifying Live Ops processes to ensure time and energy is spent in the right areas
- Support the product feature and tool roadmap by surfacing unmet player and project needs
- Working closely with the Marketing, Community teams, & Business teams in defining the product strategy
- Be involved in the early game design, and making sure that monetization and long term engagement are taken into consideration
Our dream candidate has
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience from games, preferably in Live Ops, BI or Game Design
- Experience and ability to set priorities based on the best ROI for the project
- Ability to read and interpret game analytics
- Understanding of user acquisition best practices
- Proven ability to own, build and iterate processes
- Creative, yet pragmatic mind
- Excellent in organizing and prioritizing skills
- Skill in proactively identifying risks and making changes to the plan when necessary with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team and excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for mobile games
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Just renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 3rd of February, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!