Principal 3D Character Artist CRITICAL FORCE / Kajaani/Helsinki/remote
PUBLISHED: May 11, 2023
Critical Force is the creator of the successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops and one of the leading mobile shooter game developers in the world. Our team is a mix of industry veterans and emerging talent with a common mission to bring unique shooter games to mobile platforms. We have worked hard to foster a team spirit that’s honest, trusting, and player centric with a true emphasis on continuous learning.
Now, we are calling for you, Principal 3D Character Artist, to join our ranks and help us bring our shooter games to the next level and new platforms, in a brand new project. If you have a passion for games and you are a self-driven person looking to work in a team of dedicated professionals, we welcome you to join us!
You would be part of a new team, filled with passionate and creative veteran developers. Together with artists and designers you would be working on creating awesome characters in a team of dedicated veterans. A great learning experience or a chance to work with experienced peers in a relaxed but professional atmosphere.
- Create high quality 3D character models
- Help create and upkeep the art style of the game
- Help with any and all other art related tasks
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 & 5
- Knowledge of Blueprints
- Great communication skills
- Great artistic talent
- Knowledge of human anatomy
- Experience in creation of Character 3D art including texturing and rigging
- Strong background in character artist role
- Readiness to perform a test of your skills in the relevant expertise if deemed necessary
- Please include a portfolio/work samples as part of your application
Ideal candidate will also have
- Artistic talent
- Wide knowledge of 3D art, (incl. hard-surface modeling and rigging)
- Cool personal projects
- Passion for Shooter games
- Proactive and self-driven mindset with the focus on creating a great game
- Experience in Blender 3D
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on shooter games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels. Our flagship game is the first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 100 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. We all share a passion for our creations, from interns to senior developers. We pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
We provide the opportunity to work remotely or from either of our offices – in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small-town vibe next to nature – or in Helsinki – in the heart of a bustling games capital. For remote work, terms may apply depending on the location.
- Opportunity to join an award-winning game studio
- Transparent and caring company culture
- A fast-moving work environment, driven by people with a passion for games
- The option to choose where you work: Helsinki office, Kajaani office or remote
- Opportunity for fully-remote work
- Robust benefits, incl. comprehensive health, travel insurance, and dental care
- Flexible working environment and autonomous veteran team