Player Experience Manager
PUBLISHED: May 15, 2020
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki - Finland
Are you an experienced Player Experience advocate, with a strong passion for mobile games and player centricity? Then this might be the right opportunity for you!
Next Games is proud to have a history of collaboration with some of the world’s biggest media properties, such as AMC’s The Walking Dead and Netflix’s Stranger Things. The fans of these properties are men and women, boys and girls of all ages; dedicated core gamers and people with only a little history playing games. At Next Games, we seek to delight and entertain players of all kinds. We do this by creating games that expand the worlds of the most beloved media and entertainment properties of our day.
As our new Player Experience Manager, you will be advocating for player centricity across all levels of the company. You will be leading a team of Player Engagement Specialists, and
will work with internal and external stakeholders to create the Player Experience Roadmap and Player Experience Strategy.
What you’ll get to work on:
- Plan, manage and implement the Player Experience Roadmap and Player Experience Strategy based on product roadmaps
- Plan and set up all player experience operations (including interaction channels, automation, bots etc) for upcoming games in close collaboration with game team and external team(s)
- Advocate player-centricity across the game teams, the company and all the outsourced operations
- Constantly monitor situation in live games, mentor and give support for the internal and external teams and agents with support, tools and processes
- Review and plan improvements on current procedures & tools together with other stakeholders
- Work closely with the team and external partners (Fair Play Alliance) to make sure we are doing everything that we can to promote an equal and fair playing environment for all of our players
- Negotiation and management of contracts and cost structure of 3rd party service providers
- Work with our in-house platform tools to pull more information for bug reports, and/or to understand severity of issues
- Manage backlog prioritisation with game teams, based on the aforementioned information, and player feedback
- Work with Community Managers to help them reach their KPIs and to maintain a coherent and sustainable social media strategy across the live titles
- Establish a functional and efficient influencer and micro-influence strategy for current live game and upcoming projects
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends to help improve operations to anticipate needed improvements and solutions for future needs
- Audit ongoing support activities and ensure their effectiveness in relation to our operations.
- Plan and maintain Support Strategy (including tools and workflows, FAQs, Game Manual etc) for upcoming games
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a customer service role or community management, ideally game-related
- Native or near-native level English skills (both spoken and written)
- Effective communication and excellent writing skills
- A positive can-do and strong collaborative team player attitude!
- Strong customer service mentality and the ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and results driven attitude
- Proactivity, flexibility, ability to learn fast and adapt to changing situations, as well as willingness and skills to take on responsibility
- Gamer mentality and experience in playing games yourself; mobile games experience is especially appreciated!
We would consider a plus:
- Experience in working in fast-paced multicultural environments
- Experience with CRM tools (Helpshift, Zendesk) and project-management tools (Atlassian)
- Familiarity with Blade Runner franchise or the TV-shows The Walking Dead and Stranger Things so that you can relate to the fans!
- An affinity or interest for copywriting, training & knowledge sharing, process or project management
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into work with diverse tasks. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture and you will get to work with great colleagues from different backgrounds. With us, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself professionally – and have fun while doing it.
Here at Next Games we are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
We aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request as soon as possible.