PUBLISHED: October 24, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland - Capital Area
We’re looking for a Pipeline Programmer to join our Northlight engine and tools team to help unify our digital content creation workflows. This is not a legacy pipeline maintenance role but an unique opportunity to start from scratch and help design and implement a unified content pipeline to help our artists’ workflows.
• Develop industry leading digital content creation (DCC) pipelines for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3dsmax, Houdini, Modo, etc. to the benefit of the content teams.
• Collaborate with our proprietary engine and tools teams to build deep integrations between Northlight and the DCCs
• Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines.
• Adhere to high quality programming standards, API design and robust testing.
• Solid programming and scripting skills
• Curiosity and the ability to learn fast
• Understanding of modern digital content creation pipelines and software
• Fluent written and verbal English
The ideal candidate will also have
• Interest in or experience with Fabric Engine or Houdini Engine
• Proficiency in C++ and Python
• Experience as a Pipeline TD or as a Tools Programmer in Games/VFX/Animation
• Experience with custom in-house game engines
• Experience with test driven development, continuous integration and source control
• A degree in computer science or software engineering
• Experience with UI frameworks
• Experience working with any of the following APIs: Maya, MotionBuilder, 3dsmax, Houdini, Modo.
• Experience designing APIs
• Mathematical skills: calculus, linear algebra and numerical analysis
What is in it for you?
• Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
• Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
• You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
• We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
• Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
If you are interested please apply now. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found. To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.