Operations Manager ICEFLAKE STUDIOS / Tampere, Finland
PUBLISHED: April 28, 2022
Iceflake Studios is looking for an Operations Manager for our game studio in Tampere, Finland.
In this role you will, together with the Studio Manager, have the opportunity to manage and develop the studio that will continue developing Surviving the Aftermath and Paradox’s management games genre as a whole.
About the Studio
Iceflake Studios specializes in management and builder games for PC and Consoles. Our latest game is a survival colony builder Surviving the Aftermath released in 2021 for PC, Xbox, PS and Switch. The studio was founded in 2007 and in 2020 it became a part of Paradox Interactive. In the future we will continue innovating with the current brands and exploring new undiscovered frontiers in the genre.
At Iceflake we focus on game development and we believe that everyone in the team is a part of building the end result. We believe in a transparent, stress-free atmosphere where working should be fun and rewarding. In a small studio every member’s contribution has a direct effect on the games we make and the culture we have. In the Operations Manager role you have a significant impact on our studio’s success and what it will look like in the future.
About the role
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for building and running the studio operations and handling communication between Iceflake and Paradox Interactive. Working closely with the studio manager you will be responsible for turning the vision of the studio into a team and an organization that can deliver awesome games. You will support that team and studio, fostering a healthy and creative company culture, ensuring that the studio and the team have everything needed for a successful business.
- Building and maintaining a business plan to deliver on the vision and expectations for the studio, set by the Studio Manager and Paradox Interactive.
- Building the organization and processes that can deliver on the games and the business plan.
- Responsible for Staff & HR for the studio.
- Responsible for Studio culture & work environment.
- Together with the Studio Manager and leadership team, define the needs of the organization when it comes to staffing and skills.
- Responsible for Budget & Forecasting for the studio.
- Ensuring the organization can run smoothly on a daily basis.
- Prior experience from a management role.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, IT, Finance, Marketing etc.
- Passion for games whether they are digital, rpg, tabletop or board games.
- Fluency in Finnish and prior experience from Finnish work practices and legislation is considered an advantage.
- Experience in running a business in Finland is considered an advantage.
How to stand out from the crowd:
- Prior experience in the game industry.
- Wide knowledge of games.
- You take ownership of your work and have a drive for continuous improvement.
- Experience from management games either as a player or as a developer.
- Prior experience from running your own business.
On a personal level, you can take initiative and be excited about building something new. You have good decision-making abilities and you have a knack for solving problems you haven’t come across before. You have good communication skills and an ability to build trust and credibility with stakeholders on all levels. You have a passion for coaching people and for organizational development. Finally, you are committed to the needs of the team under changing and new circumstances.
Send your applications to email@example.com and use the title Operations Manager.