PUBLISHED: May 5, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Siltasaarenkatu 16, Helsinki, Finland
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
The job of the Operations Manager is to keep Yousician on its high-growth trajectory by identifying the #1 challenge holding Yousician back from growing faster (operations, product, team, finance, legal, strategic, managerial) and remove this bottleneck. Jam, sleep, repeat.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work alongside our co-founders (CEO and COO) as a leader on our operations team.
- Analyse our business operation and systematically identifying and prioritising areas that need improvements both in the current situation as well as anticipating and resolving issues that likely arise in the future due to the company growth.
- Initiating and running projects to remove the identified challenges.
- You will own entire projects while working with cross-functional teams with Growth, Tech and Biz-dev teams.
- Take big-picture concepts and turn them into actionable tasks for the team to drive efficient execution.
- Tackle problems in a systematic manner, based on evidence, best business practices, your experience and best practices from successful growth companies.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Business professional with an MBA from a renown university.
- Successful early career in a global consulting company.
- 3 years+ work experience post MBA in a leading business role.
- Worked in a high-growth start up under the CEO or COO.
- Systematic and clear thinking – You believe in our mission and help us achieve it while building a successful global company that revolutionises music education.
- Get done what has impact – You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission – you’re too busy making things happen.
- Growing teams and people – Not only managing them, building them. You know how to make those around you grow professionally.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English) by Sunday 4th June.
- Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 5.5.2017.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!