PUBLISHED: April 20, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for an
Online Programmer for an unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP. As our Online Programmer in this project, you will be designing, developing and maintaining game-related online services. You will play a key role that a high number of players can be simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience. You also help determine systems behavior under normal or peak loads to optimize performance and make adjustments to cope with bandwidth constraints. All this adds up to a robust online experience. You will be working in close co-operation with multidisciplinary teams of programmers, game designers, artists, and testers.
If high-quality code is your second name, new online features knock your socks off and you know video games like the back of your hand, please reveal yourself! We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers and you will get to work alongside skilled industry veterans. Our latest project has high goals and an exciting period of growth. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time, work in an agile studio with a relaxed, yet highly skilled team to work with. We want to make unique and creative games and keep the ambition level high!
- Collaborate with game designers and programmers to make technical designs for the online features
- Implement state-of-the-art online features to our game engine
- Implement backend services and work with database layer communications
- Integrate external services and SDKs required for gameplay and live service
- Stay up-to-date on online programming in general and your specialties in particular
Our dream candidate
- Has experience with database design and usage in scalable systems with familiarity of SQL and NoSQL
- Understands client-server methodology, scalability and security considerations in an in-depth level
- Has an understanding of internet and network architectures with bandwidth considerations
- Has strong general programming and code architecture skills
- Is able to write clear, maintainable, portable and functional code
- Is committed to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
- Has smooth communication and teamwork skills
- Has a proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
We also appreciate
- Experience of real-time multiplayer game development
- Experience of at least one full development cycle from conception to shipping
- Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
- Passion for games and interest in the games industry
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on May 17 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!