Next Games, Senior Analyst
PUBLISHED: August 10, 2020
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
Next Games is proud to have a history of collaboration with some of the world’s biggest media properties, such as AMC’s The Walking Dead and Netflix’s Stranger Things. The fans of these properties are men and women, boys and girls of all ages; dedicated core gamers and people with only a little history playing games. At Next Games, we seek to delight and entertain players of all kinds. We do this by creating games that expand the worlds of the most beloved media and entertainment properties of our day.
As our Senior Games Analyst you will be an integral part of our very international Business Intelligence team working in Helsinki. We are looking for someone with both experience and passion working with analyzing free to play games. In this role you are both expected to take on ownership for one of our upcoming titles as well as be a mentor to our other analysts and play an important part in working on larger model applications such as LTV, retention prediction amongst others.
- Help design and develop KPI’s that are useful and on the basis of which you provide analysis to optimize our games together with the game teams
- Function as a mentor, and provide advice on how problems should be solved
- Working with others in the Game and BI team to help them solve their analytics questions
- Transferring your skills and experiences to others in the team on how we should and could answer the little questions as well as the big ones
- Provide analytics of the in-game economy and monetization
- In collaboration with the development and production team, provide data on the in-game economy (inflation rate, bottlenecks, churn rate etc.)
- Analyze data and provide insights that help to optimize the in-game economy and monetization
- Implement analytics tools, best practices and new ideas
- Other broader research as comes up, especially predictive modeling
- prior experience of similar work in the gaming industry
- experience analysing problems, identifying constraints making and prioritising practical recommendations
- extensive practical quantitative and statistical analysis experience
- practical experience in a general data analysis language such as SQL, Python/R
- Excellent communication skills, turning mathematical analyses into clear action, helping others understand the relevance and find the right solutions based on the numbers
- As a senior, you are naturally able to own your work, are able to manage deadlines and prioritise your work, and you help others do the same
- Extensive practical quantitative and statistical analysis experience
- a degree (BS/MS/PhD) in a quantitative field (operations research, maths, physics, statistics, engineering, economics, etc) helps us assess your skills. But, if you have the skills without a degree in a relevant area, we’d still love to hear from you.
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into work with diverse tasks. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture and you will get to work with great colleagues from different backgrounds. With us, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself professionally – and have fun while doing it.
Here at Next Games are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request as soon as possible.