NATIVE CODE DEVELOPER
PUBLISHED: December 14, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Helsinki, Finland
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Yousician’s cutting-edge audio technology requires a solid, cross-platform foundation to run on. By applying for this job, you’ll have the chance to be an important part of the team that builds and maintains our audio engine, implements platform integrations, and continuously works on improving the overall application architecture. As a Native Code Developer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop our cross-platform native audio utilities.
- Implement platform integrations where required.
- Prototype and implement new features in the application.
- Take part in designing the application architecture.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have proven, strong development skills (we use mostly modern C++ for native code).
- In addition to cross-platform C++, you are experienced in iOS/OS X (Objective-C), Android (Java and C) or Windows (C) development, preferably all three.
- Familiarity with C# and Unity is an asset.
- You aren’t afraid of getting your hands dirty with low level optimizations and integrations.
- Able to get up to speed quickly with existing code.
- Experience in working with version control systems (Git) and web APIs.
- Able to work in a small team (taking ownership of major parts of the product).
- You learn fast, work independently and get things done.
- Knowledge about audio and signal processing is an asset.
- Basic understanding of and familiarity with music theory is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!