Mobile Developer junior/senior
PUBLISHED: November 26, 2018
You – music lover! Would you like to influence on how people learn music? Developer – looking for flexibility to your weekly work? We are looking for a skilled developer(s) with capability to understand system architecture and to be part of defining our technology strategy.
The team is developing a unique and truly global concept to ease the early steps of learning to play a musical instrument. As you would oversee our data/cloud operations you would have a unique place to see and understand how our 3 million users learn to play and understand what our business to business partnerships like Yamaha, the world’s biggest musical instrument manufacturer is interested to learn about beginner player behaviour.
Working with awesome vendors and technology partners may be also your option and bring you more experience. Is this music to your ears – would you like to hear more?
We are looking for:
- Recent hands-on skills with native mobile app development, preferably proven by apps published on App Stores (iOS, Android or Unity)
- Experience in server-side programming, databases (relational / NoSQL), cloud platforms (e.g. Google / AWS / Heroku)
- OOP knowledge and understanding of software design patterns
- Some system level software architecture experience
- Ability to quickly get on board with Unity and C# development, bonus points for Node.js and Firebase
- Experience working with 3rd party services integration and vendors is a plus
- Interest in UI development is a plus but not obligatory
- Capability to work independently and efficiently
- Understanding of software development process models
- Interest in UX/UI design, audio programming or analytics
- Suitable university degree and/or proven work experience
- A passion to work with music and a bit of rock attitude does not hurt
- Finnish language skills are not required
Now we are working with e.g. Unity and Node.js, but value diversity and your desire to learn beyond specific technologies. Please surprise us. We are primarily working full-time but our projects allow remote work and flexible hours depending on the stage of each project. Our office is located couple of steps from Kamppi centre and Hietsu beach!
Come work with us and create awesome music e-learning apps from start to finish. Our team is super talented and easy-going, set to make an impact in the future of music business. When you join Musopia, please note that playing some musical instrument is not mandatory but there is a fair chance to learn and you will even get paid for it!
Here is your chance to be part of modern music industry and win-win partnerships! To apply, please submit your application on-line no later than 9th of December 2018. For further information, please contact Arja Martikainen from Tuesday-Thursday between 1 pm and 3 pm +358407621564.
Based in Helsinki Finland, Musopia is a music software development studio with one purpose—to create innovative and engaging new solutions to help beginning and intermediate guitar and ukulele players learn to love and play the instrument.
We partner with guitar manufacturers the music industry to create learning experiences and branded applications that turn new guitar players into loyal, repeat customers.
We work closely with educators to create apps for use at home and in the classroom that get students practicing and advancing more quickly.