Marketing Artist CRITICAL FORCE / Kajaani/Helsinki
PUBLISHED: February 4, 2021
Critical Force, the creator of successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops, and one of the leading mobile shooter developers in the world, is now looking for a Marketing Artist! We are looking for a person with great graphic design skills to work in collaboration with the art team(s) and the marketing team(s) to create a wide variety of different creatives and marketing assets. Are you creative and do you have a passion for developing Critical Ops’ marketing efforts with an amazing team?
In this role you will create complete marketing art pieces by using 2D and 3D software. You are able to create new or edit existing 2D and 3D assets to use in the creatives. You are able to work alone and as part of a team and deliver your tasks in a timely manner without sacrificing quality. You understand the importance of branding, and set guidelines and visual themes. You know how to communicate with the art lead(s) and the marketing team and are able to give and receive constructive feedback. Your days will be filled with communicating with the other stakeholders, receiving feedback and adjusting your work accordingly, but most importantly, working on cool art pieces. Also if time permits, you might be able to help the game art team(s) in content production.
You can wow us with great Blender 3D skills, ability to use Unity and version control software, understanding of social media marketing and live streaming and video editing skills.
- Great 2D fundamentals
- Great eye for the basics: shapes, colors, values, detail and composition
- Great eye for character posing: pose, momentum, action, etc.
- Efficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator (or equivalents)
- Understanding in raster and vector graphics and their use based on the target medium
- High skill in digital painting for overpainting and tweaking marketing art pieces
- Understanding the target audience and the platform for your work
- Good 3D fundamentals
- Ability to create 3D scenes in Blender, which might include (but not limited to) posing characters, setting up lighting, weapons and props, and their materials and textures and rendering them out for post-processing
- Adaptive working style
- Ability to adapt to the style and theme of the Critical Ops IP or related projects
- Ability to work autonomously on tasks and deliver finished work in a timely manner and in best possible quality standards
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional approach to receiving and giving feedback
- Positive attitude, a go-getter
- Art skills
- Ability to create visual effects and motion graphics
- Ability to create additional high-quality 3D assets such as environments and props for marketing purposes
- Technical skills
- Basic understanding of Unity game engine
- Basic understanding of different versioning/backup systems, such as Google Drive, GIT and SVN
- Ability to record/capture and edit high-quality videos
- Basic understanding of stream layouts and their creation process, used by XSplit and/or OBS (or equivalent)
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on competitive multiplayer games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels. Our flagship game is a first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 90 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. From interns to our senior developers, we all share a passion for our creations and pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
The selected candidate can decide to work from either of our offices – in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small-town vibe next to nature – or in Helsinki – in the heart of a bustling games capital.
Opportunity to join a thriving game studio awarded multiple times by different organizations
A fast-moving work environment driven by the people with a passion for games
The option to work from time to time in our other office in Helsinki or in Kajaani
Excellent benefits, incl. lunch & sports and culture benefits, comprehensive health and dental care
Flexible working environment and autonomous teams, possibility to work remote