PUBLISHED: March 13, 2018
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
The HR Manager role is an integral part of the Talent Team and will play an active role in support of both short and long-term business objectives with the overall goal of retaining, engaging and developing the best talent for the organization.
You will be on the front line working closely with team members and team leads to be able to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You’re comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll support Yousician teams in our Helsinki office and report to Head of Talent.
- Partner with your team leads to manage key HR business processes (performance management, quarterly conversations, compensation planning, talent management, manager training, development programs, etc.).
- Consult with managers on talent and organization issues and provide guidance and coaching as appropriate.
- Advise managers and executives on people-related issues and needs; work with them to manage and resolve performance and employee relations issues.
- Onboard/coach/guide new managers in a supportive manner.
- Work with managers and advise them on handling separations and exit processes; Manage talent management projects.
- Create and implement various HR programs.
- Understand Yousician’s business, values and culture. Use them to guide recommendations and decision-making.
- Provide guidance and partnership on compensation decisions, employee performance issues, employee relations issues, etc.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- 5+ years of relevant HR experience operating in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in a high-growth environment, preferably in the tech industry.
- You should have a working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent development, and local employment laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to influence in a demanding and high-performing work environment.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!