DATA SCIENCE ENGINEER
PUBLISHED: June 20, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
In Helsinki, you’ll be using technology like machine learning, micro-services and messaging-based architecture on a scale you won’t see many other places. Essentially, you’ll be doing what Google does on the web (only you’ll be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact. It will help creators get paid for all their hard work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games. And it will give people the option to play for free by putting those ads in front of close to one billion gamers.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who has low-level technical understanding with solid background in general software development, and perhaps also some knowledge on machine learning/data science. You will work as a part of an international machine learning team to develop best-in-class targeting and decision-making mechanisms. The work will be day-to-day researching for new ways to improve, test and implement ideas.
Unity Monetization, a division of Unity, builds advertising solutions and technologies used in hundreds of thousands of apps. Our Monetization team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems that manage the delivery of relevant advertisements to hundreds of millions of users every day. Our data systems process massive data sets to develop targeting criteria and analytics that maximize the effectiveness and profitability of our advertising business.
In this role, you will provide the existing data science/machine learning team with in-depth technical knowledge/skill on implementing distributed computing systems from real-time data services to multi-GPU TensorFlow models. You will likely get familiar with details of Apache Spark (Python version), implement services that handle ten(s) of thousands of requests per second, add more tests to our modeling code, and deploy various systems to various environments. As consequence of the nature of our teams work, you need to be comfortable with quick-paced cycle of development as we prefer to try things out in production sooner than later, and be OK with good-enough solutions.
This role is located onsite at the Unity office in Helsinki, Finland.
- Ensure efficient, high-quality implementation of our machine learning pipeline
- Implement data integrations & services for machine learning purposes
- Knowing, understanding and using technical frameworks such as
– GPU computing frameworks, e.g., TensorFlow
– Distributed computing engines, Spark/Samza/Flink
– Distributed data storages such as HDFS/S3, Cassandra, Alluxio whatnot
- Developer or Machine learning expert or numerical modeller by experience and education
– MSc in Machine Learning, HPC, computational sciences or similar
- Experience implementing algorithms and decision making systems in real-time environment
- Interest in machine learning, actual experience big plus
- DevOps/if no-one else is going to do it, I’ll do it attitude
- At least 3+ years of relevant work experience
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki