Machine Learning Engineer (Games Technology)
PUBLISHED: November 15, 2019
Do you want to change the way games are being developed and run? We are now looking for a skilled Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data Engineering team in Games Technology unit in Espoo, Finland.
Games Technology consists of 50 professionals providing our games teams with the means to bring their games to life every day. We serve tens of millions of players, host some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serve thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, capture 4 Billion of analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and run over 1000 instances on Amazon AWS. We also provide common services for Rovio games, such as ads, payment, a/b testing, bots and personalisation.
As Machine Learning Engineer, you would help Rovio reach the next level by introducing new AI based services to create and operate games. We believe that AI should be an integral part of every service we provide and as a Machine Learning Engineer, you would be participating and potentially leading projects to deliver new AI driven features to the best known brand in mobile games.
We expect you to be developer-minded person with great co-operational skills. You enjoy working with a team on challenging problems and do not mind sharing your learning, good or bad.
Your responsibilities as a Machine Learning Engineer:
- Develop and maintain our machine learning solutions in automation and personalisation by participating development projects and daily operational work
- Model and predict player behaviour
- Develop systems to maintain and serve models in production environments
- Support others as domain expert for machine learning, big data processing and Rovio data
- Research emerging machine learning and big data technologies
We are looking for someone who has:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in the field of machine learning; experience in delivering production grade end to end solutions on cloud infrastructure is considered a huge advantage
- A good knowledge of Python and its commonly used ML libraries, as well as SQL
- You are on good terms with agile methods involving Jira, GitHub, pull requests, planning and dailies
- Competence in Linux
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Passion for games!!!
We’d love if you have experience with these:
- Open source big data technologies and large data sets
- Relational databases and data warehousing
- Amazon Web Services, especially with Redshift, Athena, Presto, Spark, Hive and Flink. General understanding on deploying applications in AWS environment.
- C# and Unity; our games are built with Unity, so knowing them is helpful in game AI related projects
- Java; most of our services are currently in Java and having the capability to understand and modify these systems is beneficial
You can be either a seasoned professional already gained experience on the field or in the early stages of your career aiming to grow into the role.
What you get when you join us:
- Strong company with ambitious plans for the future: Rovio has a long background in the mobile gaming industry and we have no plans to stop our growth.
- Awesome coworkers: We are a family-like community that is hands-on, collaborative and ambitious. We help each other grow professionally.
- Personal growth: We offer subscription to various learning platforms, as well as budget to buy books and conference tickets.
- Fun and international environment: You will hear lots of languages, jokes and laughter in our workplace.
- Hackathons: We love to try new technologies and methods to build the next generation infrastructure.
Don’t keep us waiting but send your application already today!