Live Operations Manager
PUBLISHED: May 18, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
Live Operations Manager for our new unannounced mobile project
As a Live Operations Manager, you’ll have a big impact on the success of our latest mobile game by ensuring that we make decisions that create unique player experiences together with the best possible ROI. Your job is to create, configure, and maintain in-game promotional events, contests, new content, and sales to drive monthly KPI’s of the game. Seamless collaboration with the whole game development team, including production, design, development, quality control, art, and business intelligence, is a key to success in this role.
We are looking for a person with strong experience in mobile game development, preferably in a Live Operations role. You have the exceptional combination of creativity and pragmatism in you, which enables you to collaborate flexibly between different functions. Conflicting needs and simultaneous priorities don’t agitate you, and you keep your eye on the big picture. Your strength is in identifying what matters the most and you can organize your time accordingly.
We offer you a key position in a truly ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! Our project will push the existing boundaries of mobile games with unique ideas. You will join a compact team of enthusiastic game developers who seek growth opportunities with open minds. We work in an agile way with and in an outspoken and playful atmosphere, enjoying the network and support of Ubisoft.
- Participate in the early game design, and making sure that monetization and long term engagement are taken into consideration
- Develop a comprehensive in-game event strategy
- Manage Live Operations – in-game events & sales
- Work with analysts to monitor and report on the performance of the promotions and events and their impact on KPIs and game health
- Create or modify Live Operations processes to ensure time and energy is spent in the right areas
- Support the product feature and tool roadmap by surfacing unmet player and project needs
- Work closely with the Marketing, Community, & Business teams in defining the product strategy
Our dream candidate
- Has 2-3 years of professional experience in game development, preferably in Live Operations, Business Intelligence or Game Design
- Has experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team and excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Has experience and ability to set priorities based on the best ROI for the project
- Holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Is able to read and interpret game analytics
- Understands the best practices of user acquisition
- Is able to own, build and iterate processes
- Comes equipped with excellent organizing and prioritizing skills – with the ability to dig into details when necessary
- Has skills to proactively identify risks and make changes to plans when necessary with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Of course, has a huge passion for mobile games!
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on May 31 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite. For this role, we are not currently able to sponsor visas or work permits. All interviews during the recruitment process will be conducted remotely to keep us all safe and healthy during the COVID-19 restrictions.