PUBLISHED: June 30, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland/Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break® and Alan Wake®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Lighting Artist to help realize our visions. We are looking for an artist capable of bringing the best out of our environments and to combine artistic talent and technical ability with understanding on scripting and player guidance. You would be working closely with our Art Director and production teams in designing and implementing lighting set ups using our internal tools. We are offering you a unique opportunity to play an important part in the creation of the overall aesthetics of our upcoming games and to leave your mark in them by setting up the lights to everything from levels to cinematics and characters.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in game development
- Master level understanding and knowledge of lighting techniques
- Expert level understanding on lighting photorealistic environments and characters
- Experience in lighting photorealistic environments and characters
- Expert level proficiency within Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software package
- Strong Understanding of physically based rendering
- Ability to learn new programs and tool chains quickly
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/photography or relative field (Applications from self-taught candidates will also be accepted)
- Experience with one or more scripting or programming languages
- Knowledge of photography principals
So what’s in it for you then?
We offer a chance to do something new and unique. Working as a member of our talented and experienced team with our world-class game technology means you have an excellent opportunity to develop yourself and take your career to new heights. We work hard but we also value a sane work-life balance, and we’re committed to providing our team a relaxed working environment.
The Remedy offices are situated in Espoo, Finland and relocation to the greater Helsinki area will be required. Should you be moving from abroad we are there for you every step of the way.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position by 31st July 2017.