Level Designer MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / remote
PUBLISHED: October 12, 2021
At Mainframe we are building a living world that people will call their home for years and hopefully decades. This world lives in the cloud and will through the years of its operations, become the setting for complex social drama that involves potentially millions of people around the clock and around the world.
Your mission and responsibilities
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to be an essential part of the game development team at Mainframe, developing a yet to be announced cloud native MMO game. You will be working in the intersection of design, gameplay and art teams to author deeply engaging multiplayer PvE experiences. The thought of working on an emergent open world game without linear narratives makes your heart flutter.
- You author multiple multiplayer PvE encounters and dungeons using the modular dungeon system developed at Mainframe, including the full PvE experience of combat and loot, with the help of gameplay and art teams.
- You contribute to the continued development of tooling to create PvE content in the game, ensuring that the process of making content is efficient and the quality meets our high standards.
- You contribute to our game content roadmap in regards to scheduling and scoping to help us finetune what the game will look like at launch.
Your role is based preferably in Helsinki or Reykjavik. We are open to working remotely but prefer to stay on the same time zones with our offices.
Some success indicators for your role
- You have experience, skills and passion for creating non-linear level & scenario design for multiplayer PvE gameplay, ideally for an MMO.
- You are able to plan processes and tools required to create an efficient content production flow for PvE content.
- You are experienced with Unreal Engine 4 – in particular blueprinting / scripting the encounter behaviors.
- You have played a range of games featuring multiplayer encounters and you are able to discuss the scenario designs of these games with your design team.
We have a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy. We have our main offices in Reykjavik and Helsinki. Both our offices are centrally located and we offer you top of the line work conditions wherever you work.
We are a well funded pan-Nordic start-up founded in 2019. We are working on a project we love. Joining us now is an opportunity to make an impact on the game we develop and the company culture very early on.